Making sure I understand Zizi's text

By Spinland, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Going over the text, applying rules lawyerese to it, thinking I understand the intent, still wanting to make sure.

As I see it, after attacking or defending means the whole process resolves, down to the defender taking any resultant damage. Then she can add a focus that can be useful for the next attack/defense. Idea is she burns a focus but can get it back for later. There's no slick interpretation of the verbiage that lets her gain the focus as part of a current attack/defense process, she's got to go through the current one with what she already has on hand. Correct?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Spinland
1 minute ago, Spinland said:

Going over the text, applying rules lawyerese to it, thinking I understand the intent, still wanting to make sure.

As I see it, after attacking or defending means the whole process resolves, down to the defender taking any resultant damage. Then she can add a focus that can be useful for the next attack/defense. Idea is she burns a focus but can get it back for later. There's no slick interpretation of the verbiage that lets her gain the focus as part of a current attack/defense process, she's got to go through the current one with what she already has on hand. Correct?

Thanks in advance!

You're correct, she gets her choice of focus or evade by spending her charger after her entire attack/defense has resolved.

5 hours ago, Innese said:

You're correct, she gets her choice of focus or evade by spending her charger after her entire attack/defense has resolved.

Specifically, any effect that happens "After attacking or defending" (or its many variations in syntax) happens in the Aftermath step of the combat process, in the proper timing (defender/attacker abilities that do not generate bonus attacks).

Also, REFERENCE! :D

300?cb=20191223222115

22 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

Specifically, any effect that happens "After attacking or defending" (or its many variations in syntax) happens in the Aftermath step of the combat process, in the proper timing (defender/attacker abilities that do not generate bonus attacks).

Also, REFERENCE! :D

300?cb=20191223222115

Dono if its just me, but your linked image is broken.

Correct info none the less.

On 8/30/2020 at 12:01 PM, emeraldbeacon said:

Also, REFERENCE!

Yeah, I'm missing the link too 😕

6 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

Yeah, I'm missing the link too 😕

Likewise. If it's supposed to be a card image from the Wiki I think the hosting company has done something to the ability to remotely link from there. That's my guess, anyway. I know they were making a lot of changes behind the scenes. I think my question (posed while I had the card in front of me) was clear enough at any rate. 😎 🍺

Edited by Spinland
fix typo