Working on clones

By NeverTellMeTheOdds, in Army Building

Working on a Rex and clones list this is what I have so far. I know Padme is good, but I don’t have her, and she doesn’t really fit in with the theme of the list. If/when operative Ahsoka comes out I’ll make room for her. I have 61 points to play with right. I’m thinking of either adding 1-2 heavy weapons for the P1s, or adding gear to help with terrain (jet packs, ascension cables). The plan is to use scout to hopefully get a jump on objectives, and use the min clone units to fuel the ARCs with aims/standby etc.

739/800 acts: 10

Clone Captain Rex (90 + 12 = 102)
--Aggressive Tactics (10), Recon Intel (2)

Phase I Clone Troopers (52 + 36 = 88)
--Fives (36)

Phase I Clone Troopers (52 + 0 = 52)

Phase II Clone Troopers (60 + 0 = 60)

Arc Troopers (72 + 46 = 118)
--Echo (40), Overwatch (4), Recon Intel (2)

Arc Troopers (72 + 37 = 109)
--DC-15x ARC Trooper (31), Overwatch (4), Recon Intel (2)

Arc Troopers (Strike Team) (21 + 33 = 54)
--DC-15x ARC Trooper (31), Recon Intel (2)

Edited by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Another thing I’m considering is adding Echo to the P1s or P2 and adding the regular heavy weapon to the ARCs. So that I have 4 of the lethal weapons.

Well, I'd recommend throwing a heavy weapon of some description (Z-6 or Echo/Fives) and Overwatch onto the Phase 2 squad. Two P2 squads are better, but I'm not sure if you have them or the wiggle room to include them.

On 8/26/2020 at 8:11 AM, Alpha17 said:

Well, I'd recommend throwing a heavy weapon of some description (Z-6 or Echo/Fives) and Overwatch onto the Phase 2 squad. Two P2 squads are better, but I'm not sure if you have them or the wiggle room to include them.

I hate z6 on clones. I think it’s a complete waste of points on units that don’t surge to hit. I want the surge tokens for saves. I did move echo to the p2s. Also, the P1s are mostly for standby farms.

Edited by NeverTellMeTheOdds

I'm not a fan of the Z-6 either, but clones generally want something with a bit more bite than non-surge to hit black dice. A couple of DC-15s are in order if you don't want Z-6s.

As for using your P1s as token generators, cool. I figured as much. That's fine, but a bad roll on one of your ARC units means you're loosing half of your offensive firepower. Lists that lean too heavily into standby sharing don't handle casualties very well. In military terms, your "Tooth to tail ratio" is pretty bad. Giving them some heavy weapons or extra guys goes a little ways into helping them fill the gap if something happens to your ARCs.

the main reason to use the Z6 is if youre fire supporting something with surge to crit like rex or a barc speeder. otherwise the Z6 isnt really worth it.

On 8/31/2020 at 7:41 AM, Alpha17 said:

I'm not a fan of the Z-6 either, but clones generally want something with a bit more bite than non-surge to hit black dice. A couple of DC-15s are in order if you don't want Z-6s.

As for using your P1s as token generators, cool. I figured as much. That's fine, but a bad roll on one of your ARC units means you're loosing half of your offensive firepower. Lists that lean too heavily into standby sharing don't handle casualties very well. In military terms, your "Tooth to tail ratio" is pretty bad. Giving them some heavy weapons or extra guys goes a little ways into helping them fill the gap if something happens to your ARCs.

I need medics to bring back ARCs, but if the rumors are true about only healing 1, then they might not be worth it.

7 hours ago, NeverTellMeTheOdds said:

I need medics to bring back ARCs, but if the rumors are true about only healing 1, then they might not be worth it.

At this point, I don't believe they are rumors, but confirmed by interviews. I could see them being used on ARCs, but the real value will be on healing Jedi, or possibly Rex, in my opinion.

On 9/2/2020 at 1:39 PM, Alpha17 said:

At this point, I don't believe they are rumors, but confirmed by interviews. I could see them being used on ARCs, but the real value will be on healing Jedi, or possibly Rex, in my opinion.

they only heal 1 wound instead of 2 but the best part about them is that they can shoot just like any other trooper unlike the medics in the other 3 factions. same with the repair guy.

2 hours ago, 5particus said:

they only heal 1 wound instead of 2 but the best part about them is that they can shoot just like any other trooper unlike the medics in the other 3 factions. same with the repair guy.

Exactly. We should view them not as medics that heal only one, but regular troopers that heal 1 in addition to being the fifth trooper.