Wave II Heroes

By Duciris, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

They definitely overvalued the effect of 1 damage to all enemies in the core set.

Spiderman's Swinging Web Kick is still used as the baseline for signature damage events tho.

So, Giant Stomp is clearly above curve but it is clear that this was done on purpose. They said on stream that because his events are form locked, they are more punchy.

The 1 damage to all minions is a situational effect and hard to get actual value from, so I think the card is fine.

23 hours ago, Duciris said:

This card is going to be huge in Thor decks where half his cards (including Mjolnir) have Asgard , as do both sides of his hero card.

mc12en_team-building-exercise.png

It's a Hero action, so having Asgard on his Alter Ego side doesn't help, unfortunately, but still looking forward to this with Thor!

12 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Swarm of Ants [2]

Support.

Play only [if you are in Tiny hero form]

Hero Ac [ tion (thwart): Remove 1 threat]

from a s [cheme. Remove 1 additional]

threat fr [om that scheme for each other Swarm]

of Ants [in play.]

Filled some more stuff in speculatively. I don't think that'll be it, but something along those lines maybe? Don't know if it would feel more right having to activate it in Tiny for also, or not, having to be Tiny to play it might be enough.

I'm really looking forward to trying a different type of Leadership deck that keeps 2-3 strong Allies in play by upgrading and healing them, like Iron Man and Giant-Man.

I honestly do not plan to buy more heroes, what I want are villains to be able to face them

7 minutes ago, maul said:

I honestly do not plan to buy more heroes, what I want are villains to be able to face them

By the time this comes out there will be 6 more scenarios...

Hace 23 minutos, FearLord dijo:

Para cuando esto salga, habrá 6 escenarios más ...

Even so, I am not going to buy more heroes, I have 10 more heroes, the two that will come in the next expansion are 12
Edited by maul
3 minutes ago, maul said:

Even so, I am not going to buy more heroes, I have 10 more heroes, the two that will come in the next expansion are 12

Your deckbuilding will be limited, but it doesn't surprise me at all that there are people planning on doing this. I'm a completionist and will therefore be getting everything, but I really just want things to fight against. I like that there are only 4 heroes and not 6 this time.

If they continue with the cycle of 4 hero packs, 1 scenario pack, and a 2/5 split story box, then we will get a 50/50 split on the hero's and villians.

2 hours ago, ObiWonka said:

Filled some more stuff in speculatively. I don't think that'll be it, but something along those lines maybe? Don't know if it would feel more right having to activate it in Tiny for also, or not, having to be Tiny to play it might be enough.

I appear to have been unclear. The text was from the half-seen Event "Hive Mind" rather than the likely Upgrade card " Something of Ants" You can see it in this fan.

z2.png?w=431&h=

I have no idea what the probable Support card will do.

23 hours ago, alex1226 said:

these are my speculations for ant-mans cards

1- giant stomp

2- giant stomp

3- giant stomp but for thwarting and when he's tiny

4- giant stomp but for thwarting and when he's tiny

5- resize

6- resize

7- pym particles

8- pym particles

9-11 a three of event

12- helmet

13- support like his apartment or something

14- ally? or maybe second gauntlet

15- wrist gauntlets

Cards are usually grouped by type in an order of ally-event-resource-support-upgrade. The RoRS heroes break that trend, but so far this pack follows it so that may have been a fluke.

We can also look at the pack number to notice a few things.

Resize is card number 5. Giant Stomp and Hive mind need to be before it and Scott is 1. That means there is one more card, which is probably the ally.

9-11 has to be a single card that is either a support or upgrade. Although it could also be a 2-of with 3 pym particles. The Swarm of Ants guess makes sense, likely as a support.

Finally 13-14 have to be a single card with 2 copies.

2 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I appear to have been unclear. The text was from the half-seen Event "Hive Mind" rather than the likely Upgrade card " Something of Ants" You can see it in this fan.

z2.png?w=431&h=

I have no idea what the probable Support card will do.

Oh I see. I didn't feel like digging for the half-revealed card, so I was just running with the text. 😂