Double console fire

By Darth Darxide, in X-Wing Rules Questions

If i have 2 console fire crits showing when i engage, do i roll for each crit?

Yessir

Ty for the quick response 🍻

Just to add, Every single critical (face up) damage card on your ship is resolved individually. Doesn't matter if its the same name card or not, they are treated separately. This includes damage card with Action headers. So in your case, double console fire, you'd need 2 actions to repair them both (one each).

Also note, that because each one reacts to the same trigger, it could also have positive effects. For example, if you have both Disabled Power Regulator crits, both will repair after an ion maneuver is executed.

Edited by Lyianx

also note that since they are treated separateley, the action:-headers on them are not the same action, so you can repair both of them during the same turn by being granted more than one opportunity to perform an action (being coordinated, using poe's, vader's or ahsoka's pilot ability or what have you). if this wasn't the case repairing both would be prevented by the limit of performing the same action only once per turn.

9 hours ago, meffo said:

also note that since they are treated separateley, the action:-headers on them are not the same action, so you can repair both of them during the same turn by being granted more than one opportunity to perform an action (being coordinated, using poe's, vader's or ahsoka's pilot ability or what have you). if this wasn't the case repairing both would be prevented by the limit of performing the same action only once per turn.

isnt.. that what i said?

31 minutes ago, Lyianx said:

isnt.. that what i said?

not all of that, no, just most of it. in addition to taking two separate actions, i wanted to clarify that they're different actions actions that can both be performed during the same round, without breaking the rule stating you can only perform the same action once per round.

52 minutes ago, meffo said:

not all of that, no, just most of it. in addition to taking two separate actions, i wanted to clarify that they're different actions actions that can both be performed during the same round, without breaking the rule stating you can only perform the same action once per round.

Precisely correct. In essence, you can action to clear 1 console fire, then be coordinated an action to clear the SECOND one. Since each action header was separate, they do NOT run afoul of the rule about only performing a given action once in a turn.

Does the same thing apply, if someone got two "Blinded pilots" critical hits? Would he be 'effectively auto missing' two rounds straight?

7 minutes ago, LTuser said:

Does the same thing apply, if someone got two "Blinded pilots" critical hits? Would he be 'effectively auto missing' two rounds straight?

Yep, unless you get two actions in one turn to clear them both as stated previously.

1 hour ago, LTuser said:

Every critical card triggers separately and simultaneously, but only stack if they have measurable effects. Two Weapons Failure or Structural Damage cards would result in a net -2 to that given stat, while two Damaged Engine cards would double-increase the difficulty of your turns. A pair of Disabled Power Regulators would give you two ion tokens per engagement, but a single ion maneuver would clear them both.

But multiple Damaged Sensor Array or Blinded Pilot don't stack... their effects are static and non-cumulative.

Double Loose Stabilizer or Stunned Pilot would both trigger on a relevant maneuver.

But what you really have to look out for is double Direct Hi-

TepidGoldenAsianpiedstarling-size_restri