missing expansions

By mastershotgun, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi Guys,

I woudl like to finish my collections, but I'm still missing few expansions... Do you know will FFG startprinting them again or what? Is there an official announcment?

I would be interested in this too. I want to pick up the base game but whether or not I'll be able to pick up the expansions is making me pause.

7 hours ago, mastershotgun said:

Hi Guys,

I woudl like to finish my collections, but I'm still missing few expansions... Do you know will FFG startprinting them again or what? Is there an official announcment?

We do not, they have not had any official announcement of reprints in recent time. In fact, some have changed status from "Out of Stock" to "Not Available" or "No Longer Available" which does not bode well for the prospect of them being reprinted.

For instance, if you select Chains of Rust in the official store here, it says that it is "Sorry, the item you requested is out of print." while if you select Lair of the Wyrm is says "Sorry, the item you requested is out of stock. Please reload the page to see the most up-to-date stock information."

Edited by kris40k
On 8/14/2020 at 4:50 AM, kris40k said:

We do not, they have not had any official announcement of reprints in recent time. In fact, some have changed status from "Out of Stock" to "Not Available" or "No Longer Available" which does not bode well for the prospect of them being reprinted.

For instance, if you select Chains of Rust in the official store here, it says that it is "Sorry, the item you requested is out of print." while if you select Lair of the Wyrm is says "Sorry, the item you requested is out of stock. Please reload the page to see the most up-to-date stock information."

Well I hope not... Sanding away guy with money in his hands... You know what I mean

4 hours ago, TurboCooler said:

Miniature Market used to have all things Descent. As they have sold out, the items on their search has dwindled

This is all they have left.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/searchresults/?q=descent+journeys

Thank you for the tip. Sadly I have all of those...

On 8/22/2020 at 2:01 AM, mastershotgun said:

Well I hope not... Sanding away guy with money in his hands... You know what I mean

The way gamers make undisciplined buys, well, most people do, the bet from new edition companies is that when they roll out the 3rd edition, they'll force most people like you to buy it, especially if you can't get second edition but by paying ebay prices.

So, even if you don't personally fall for that trick, the numbers game is more people will buy the 3rd edition, from new players, to players who will spend hundreds of dollars again to rebuy the game with 'improvements' Or at least they'll drop $50+ for an 'upgrade kit'. So FFG, like Games Workshop, like any constantly reissuing new editions game company in the name of 'improvement' (which is certainly not necessarily the case with new editions, anymore), is out to get you to spend to buy the essentially same product. It might be out of scale, too, or just have something thrown in there so you really can't try playing second edition stuff with 3rd.

I just recommend you not worry about it and hunt down the 2nd edition stuff over time. The only way this new edition nonsense ends while limiting old editions is if people stop buying the new editions. Of anything, really. Notice you can still buy Mansions of Madness stuff...its not like they couldn't make more 2nd edition stuff.

Good luck with finding it all. 2nd edition Descent, is really all you need. And then we can keep talking about this stuff in the forum together and ignore 3rd :D