Pattern analyzer and refined gyrostabilizers

By boreas999, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Hi!

Quick question: a RZ-2 A-Wing equipped qith PA does a Segnor's loop. It is, obviously, stressed. Yet, it can do an action (because of PA). Can it benefit of the refined gyrostabilisers text: After you perform an action, you may perform a red boost or turn turret red action?

Yes it can link off the Pattern Analyzer action, though it isn't stressed just yet when the Pattern Analyzer action happens (Pattern Analyzer happens between performing the maneuver and checking the difficulty).

Edited by Hiemfire

No. After you would perform your action from Pattern Analyzer, you would receive the stress from your maneuver. The stress would then disallow performing any other actions, even those permited by upgrades and ship abilities, including the rotate or boost granted by Refined Gyrostabilizers.

3 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

No. After you would perform your action from Pattern Analyzer, you would receive the stress from your maneuver. The stress would then disallow performing any other actions, even those permited by upgrades and ship abilities, including the rotate or boost granted by Refined Gyrostabilizers.

🤨

latest?cb=20181213183112

@Hiemfire , my rub is with you may perform 1 action before the check difficulty step. Once you perform that one action, you complete the check difficulty step. I am open to being wrong on this, but it doesn't appear that they have the same timing window. "While you fully execute a maneuver" happens before "after you perform an action" enters the timing queue.

Again, I'm open to being wrong. Your opinion holds weight with me. You simply saying, "no" made me second guess myself and reread both cards.

I'm also inclined to saying that you can do the gyrostablizers (or link a Roll off a Focus with a T-70, for example), then take the action stress, then take the check difficulty step stress. I thought that's how we were doing it all along, too. Never realised there might have been disagreement.

*e* that's kinda how Nien Nunb always worked, I think. Red Move > PA > Focus > Red Roll > Range 1 > Discards 2 Stress.

Mostly, that's a bad thing to do, since you'll have two stress and having two stress stinks.

Edited by theBitterFig
9 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

@Hiemfire , my rub is with you may perform 1 action before the check difficulty step. Once you perform that one action, you complete the check difficulty step. I am open to being wrong on this, but it doesn't appear that they have the same timing window. "While you fully execute a maneuver" happens before "after you perform an action" enters the timing queue.

Again, I'm open to being wrong. Your opinion holds weight with me. You simply saying, "no" made me second guess myself and reread both cards.

"You may perform 1 action" is basically the same wording used during the Perform Action Step of the Activation Phase: "The ship may perform one action."

There is also the 3rd bullet point in the Ability Queue section, "If resolving an effect from the ability queue triggers additional effects, they are added to the front of the ability queue using the above rules."

Both sections are on page 3 of the v110 RR.

300?cb=20181213150055 latest?cb=20181213183112

PA BSR with arc facing rear does a S-Loop. Before the Check Difficulty step of executing the maneuver PA grants an (1, one) action which the BSR uses to perform a Focus action. Performing the Focus action now triggers the Refined Gyrostabilizers ship ability which goes to the front of the Ability Queue, per the third bullet point of the Ability Que section, if the BSR choses to do so (lets say they rotate their turret arc into the front arc via performing the Rotate action gaining a stress). Then the Execute Maneuver step of the ship's Activation proceeds to the Check Difficulty step adding a second stress.

Nice, thanks! Is it a factor that the wording is "while you fully execute..." Instead of "after you fully execute" (thus explaining why the Nantex can't turn it's turret after a red maneuver)?

2 minutes ago, boreas999 said:

Nice, thanks! Is it a factor that the wording is "while you fully execute..." Instead of "after you fully execute" (thus explaining why the Nantex can't turn it's turret after a red maneuver)?

Yes, since the Check Stress step is part of fully executing a maneuver. :)