Suggested new product: AHLCG Compendium

By JPAWARE, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Having recently started collecting AH, and now completed my collection, I thought that a great product (a way for FF to take even more money) would be to release a hard back compendium. This could include the rules, with all the rules and key words added by scenarios to date, all the different cycles and return to text (opportunity to revise/correct text), the FAQ, extras like some art print pages, parallel investigators, maybe corrected and taboo copies of cards etc. It strikes me that having a single book with everything in would be super handy and give more weight to reading through the story as you play the scenarios. With 6 completed cycles there is plenty to print. What are other peoples thoughts? Is this something FF might consider?

I (vaguely) remember Matt Newman commenting on something similar to this during an FFG Live and he wasn't a fan of the idea because of how much content keeps getting added—and reading between the lines, how much more content they want to add.

FFG already likes to cut a corner here and there (i.e. serious lack of packaging for proper storage), so IMO if they ever did do this, it would probably be after they've shut the door on AHLCG and want one last money-maker.

I'd personally really like to see something that appends scenario setup with the appropriate errata for that scenario, preferably collected into a whole cycle. Even a .pdf, similar to the FAQ, that we could download would be great.

What would be really great, and too big an ask, would be that, but also the errata for the encounter cards used in the scenario. Like some kind of single-page thing I could have open while doing the mission.

16 hours ago, Joshuarleonard said:

I (vaguely) remember Matt Newman commenting on something similar to this during an FFG Live and he wasn't a fan of the idea because of how much content keeps getting added—and reading between the lines, how much more content they want to add.

FFG already likes to cut a corner here and there (i.e. serious lack of packaging for proper storage), so IMO if they ever did do this, it would probably be after they've shut the door on AHLCG and want one last money-maker.

Thanks for the reply, that's a real shame. I suppose given the frequency with product release that would make it a shame I certainly think it would be really useful to have all the rules and scenarios in one place. Not sure I want to see the door shut on AHLCG!

7 hours ago, SGPrometheus said:

I'd personally really like to see something that appends scenario setup with the appropriate errata for that scenario, preferably collected into a whole cycle. Even a .pdf, similar to the FAQ, that we could download would be great.

What would be really great, and too big an ask, would be that, but also the errata for the encounter cards used in the scenario. Like some kind of single-page thing I could have open while doing the mission.

A PDF that combined all the scenarios and erata into one document that we could then print would be really useful. The problem with that of course would be that its work for FF that doesn't generate an income. I don't suppose anyone knows of a fan made document like that. I don't think I have seen such a thing on BGG?