Hulk solo

By vmoss, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

8 hours ago, Derrault said:

Yes, although my suspicion is that pretty much every deck is better balanced for multiplayer, because then you can play it for your teammates as well. So, in a 2-3 player game have 2-3 copies can be just awesome. Edit: The synergy with Tackle and Concussive Blow are enormous.

Yeah fair enough - the vast majority of my plays are true solo, so that's the lens I look through a lot of the time. Still think even at 2-3 copies it's cool that it enables a more support style Aggression deck, just don't think Hulk wants to be spending slots and cards on 2 cost cards to support his teammates - he wants them supporting him with stuff like Mansion and Carriers.

4 hours ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

Yeah fair enough - the vast majority of my plays are true solo, so that's the lens I look through a lot of the time. Still think even at 2-3 copies it's cool that it enables a more support style Aggression deck, just don't think Hulk wants to be spending slots and cards on 2 cost cards to support his teammates - he wants them supporting him with stuff like Mansion and Carriers.

Sometimes, you’re going to have turns where Hulk needs cards/action: resources the most, and then you’re going to have turns where it is pretty important to give them away to a teammate. (Ie a perfectly paid for hand)

15 hours ago, Derrault said:

Yes, although my suspicion is that pretty much every deck is better balanced for multiplayer, because then you can play it for your teammates as well. So, in a 2-3 player game have 2-3 copies can be just awesome. Edit: The synergy with Tackle and Concussive Blow are enormous.

I would believe it is balanced for 2-3 players as well, but you are getting 3x copies of a non-unique new card even if it makes no sense. For example, Counterintelligence is a max 1 that cant be played on other players (it just happens that the cards is super good)

41 minutes ago, IceHot42 said:

I would believe it is balanced for 2-3 players as well, but you are getting 3x copies of a non-unique new card even if it makes no sense. For example, Counterintelligence is a max 1 that cant be played on other players (it just happens that the cards is super good)

Well, Counterintelligence can be used and then you play a second copy on your next turn.

It's Interrogation Room I find counterintuitive. Why does it come with 2-3 (core) plus 2-3 (Black Widow) if you can only use 1 copy? It feels like it's supposed to be a "Play under any player's control. Max 1 per player." like Heroic Intuition . Doubly because the Justice player isn't usually the take-care-of-minions player. In fact, I think the card would be all-around better in Aggression.

@IceHot42
"I would believe it is balanced for 2-3 players as well, but you are getting 3x copies of a non-unique new card even if it makes no sense. For example, Counterintelligence is a max 1 that cant be played on other players (it just happens that the cards is super good)"

Yeah, it doesn't hold up as well for the ones that you can't play on someone else. (I'm looking at you Interrogation Room).

@Duciris

Yes, totally (although I do like it and Beat Cop in Justice as part of a 'Law and Order' style She-Hulk deck.)