Rebels Epic list

By StendertSteen, in X-Wing Epic Play

Heey guys we're having an epic tournament this weekend and this will be my first time playing epic. I need some opinions on my list.

Epic List

(48) Ten Numb [A/SF-01 B-wing]
(0) Jamming Beam
(3) Autoblasters
(2) Stabilized S-Foils
(2) Fire-Control System

(52) Braylen Stramm [A/SF-01 B-wing]
(0) Jamming Beam
(3) Autoblasters
(2) Stabilized S-Foils

(146) Alderaanian Guard [CR90 Corellian Corvette]
(3) Tibanna Reserves
(8) Magva Yarro
(9) Saw Gerrera
(6) Targeting Battery
(9) Point Defense Battery
(3) Damage Control Team
(10) Sensor Experts
(5) Liberator

(36) Jake Farrell [RZ-1 A-wing]
(2) Veteran Wing Leader
(4) Cluster Missiles

(29) Phoenix Squadron Pilot [RZ-1 A-wing]
(4) Cluster Missiles

(29) Phoenix Squadron Pilot [RZ-1 A-wing]
(4) Cluster Missiles

(64) Corran Horn [E-wing]
(2) R4 Astromech
(2) Fire-Control System
(13) Proton Torpedoes

Total points: 500

The idea of the list is the B-wings start the game docked in the Corvette and they will deploy once they are in range of opposing epic ships, after they deploy they will recieve a focus and do barrel into locks as their action. They will fire their jamming beams first to strip te reinforce and follow up with auto blasters.

The squadron of A-wings is to counter opposing wings with their cluster missiles.

Corran is here to try and counter opposing aces or to push a lot of damage in a single turn into an epic ship.

The Corvette is also outfitted to do as much damage as possible while reinforcing almost every turn.

So let me know what you guys think, it feels pretty solid. One of the things I was considering is replacing Corran with Luke and sense to see where opposing huge ships are going to be.

Give the A-wings Proton Rockets instead of Clusters - they will want focus token more than getting a Lock, unless you find an easy way to get them a second action.

It's a good plan for the B-wings.

Corran is a bit of an awkward thing - he's as expensive as 2 x-wings, or 3 Z95s or 2 Y-wings. Any of those will do more damage and be tougher to kill. Otherwise he needs 2 more E-Wings to form a wing to protect him - and that costs far too many points. If you have a Transport, swap him for that, perhaps?

I'm not convinced that you need Saw or Magva - C3PO to get a 2nd calculate and Leia to get white k-turns might be better? You can already get 3 Locks using the Sensor Team and huge ships burn down quickly already so self-damage is annoying.

Stuff I've played recently:

1) Raider, Kagi, Jendon, 4 Tie Bombers led by Jonus, and 2 Tie Fighters. This will kill a CR90 in one turn, or take out a full wing.

2) CR90 plus 7 ARCs, led by Sinker, for the Republic. Less effective, but entertaining.

Stuff I'd like to try: 7 C-ROCs! :D

@Gilarius

Thx for the feedback! I agree with you on Saw but I really like Magva because she also counters jam tactics, if the attack hits I lose a lock but I also will get back a lock. I think I will try C3PO with Magva.

I also agree with you on Corran, I will see what I can come with. I'm not sold on the transport idea because that feels like a support ship and I dont have that many ships.

The primary target of jam is normally your Reinforce, otherwise yes, Magva is good.

I would kick corran for some sort of coordinate , AP5? the huge ships want most of the time some tokens AND Energy, and in some cases you need to get rid of ugly crits.

Any infos on the missions?

Edited by Dragon_King

After the tips and suggestions this is what I came up with.

@Dragon_King We don't play any missions it's just a standard 500 point epic game.

Alderaanian Guard (146)
Targeting Battery (6)
Point-Defense Battery (9)
C-3PO (8)
Magva Yarro (8)
Agile Gunner (4)
Damage Control Team (3)
Sensor Experts (10)
Tibanna Reserves (3)
Liberator (5)

Ship total: 202 Half Points: 103 Threshold: 13

Ten Numb (48)