Heroes or villains you would love to see?

By Humantorch101, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

21 hours ago, Humantorch101 said:

Punisher removing minions from the deck because he is actually killing them is such a funny, fun, thematic idea.

I love it!

Thor’s over here trying to defend the nine realms, and cycles through the whole encounter deck. Punisher just shrugs.

Edited by KimJoshIl

Moon Knight

Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)

X-Men (especially Cyclops, Jean Grey, Colossus, Shadow Cat, Nightcrawler)

A minor supporting character I know, but as we are in the Avengers cycle, where is Edwin Jarvis?

He is such a staple of Avengers history that he must surely be put into the game.

I see him as a lesser effect Aunt May as a basic card, allowing an Avenger to heal or maybe to ready.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Humantorch101 said:

A minor supporting character I know, but as we are in the Avengers cycle, where is Edwin Jarvis?

He is such a staple of Avengers history that he must surely be put into the game.

I see him as a lesser effect Aunt May as a basic card, allowing an Avenger to heal or maybe to ready.

Thoughts?

Yes, I could definitely see that. We’ve still got multiple Avengers packs before Galaxy’s Most Wanted comes out though - definitely still time. Maybe a unique support that heals all Avenger heroes in play for 1? I think it would probably be a bit much if it also did allies.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:56 PM, KimJoshIl said:

Thor’s over here trying to defend the nine realms, and cycles through the whole encounter deck. Punisher just shrugs.

That would be a pretty feel bad mechanic

My favourite villain has always been Count Nefaria from back in the day after he got his immense powers from Whirlwind, Living Laser and Power Man (Atlas).

He had an immense three issue battle with the Avengers, and I always thought it was Marvel trying to do a villainous Superman as that was his absolute power set.

Would love him to be a Scensrio or modular set.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:56 PM, Venompuppy said:

I would love a Vision hero! He's so awesome! Not in the mcu so much, but he's so freaking cool in the comics! One of Hulk's basic cards called ingenuity is kind of a not so strong card, but it's got Vision on it, so I automatically love it! I wish they added him before they went to the Guardians.

I buy!

After all, he is the husband of the scarlet witch.

I love the white version, after it was dismantled by the government for fear that it would regain control of nuclear missiles around the planet.

I will never forget the image of the dissection table with the body of the android in pieces as if it had been dissected with his grandfather Hank Pym in the background reviewing the process.

He came out of this operation like an android without feelings, he behaved like a toaster ... it was a severe blow to his wife (one of many that drove her to madness).

On 8/11/2020 at 12:35 AM, Humantorch101 said:

Yep I have a fond place in my heart for Vance Astro with Caps shield, which could be intresting and Charlie 27 lol.

The old school guardians of the galaxy are the only guardians (sorry for the younger ones 😛 ).

I think it would be very interesting to see Starhawk and Aleta both in the same deck. On one side of the hero card StarHawk and on the other Aleta. After all, they shared a body for a long time (and also the original guardians had no alter-ego, they used the same identity all the time).

I'd like to see how they implement the old guardians.

2 hours ago, aeixea said:

The old school guardians of the galaxy are the only guardians (sorry for the younger ones 😛 ).

I think it would be very interesting to see Starhawk and Aleta both in the same deck. On one side of the hero card StarHawk and on the other Aleta. After all, they shared a body for a long time (and also the original guardians had no alter-ego, they used the same identity all the time).

I'd like to see how they implement the old guardians.

Not sure they will, as the current ones are very popular, much more than the old Guardians were, who were pretty niche.

But that was Marvels fault a bit at the time as they kept them much more in there own time period, not withstanding a couple of cross overs with the Avengers during the Korvac saga.

More likely they will come on as allies perhaps although Yondu is much better known than the others due to his appearances in the movies.

I am hoping for an Adam Warlock pack though. That would be awesome.

Silver Surfer Hero and Galactus villain.

21 minutes ago, Vargas79 said:

Silver Surfer Hero and Galactus villain.

Yes, agreed. I am stoked for eventually any FF content. There villains rogues gallery is surprisingly deep with many classics such as

Doctor Doom

Mole Man

Namor

Galactus

The Frightful Four

Puppet Master

Diablo

Annihilus

Blastarr

Loads more I am probably forgetting.

If they do an FF boxed set, I wonder if all four heroes will be in the set. Breaking the current box set model.

1 minute ago, Humantorch101 said:

Yes, agreed. I am stoked for eventually any FF content. There villains rogues gallery is surprisingly deep with many classics such as

Doctor Doom

Mole Man

Namor

Galactus

The Frightful Four

Puppet Master

Diablo

Annihilus

Blastarr

Loads more I am probably forgetting.

If they do an FF boxed set, I wonder if all four heroes will be in the set. Breaking the current box set model.

I’d expect a campaign pack with 2 of the fantastic 4 and doctor doom. Galactus, the silver surfer and the other two F4 to follow as individual packs. FF content is firmly what I want more than anything else, especially as they’ve been the least well served by the movie industry.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:04 PM, Humantorch101 said:

Not sure they will, as the current ones are very popular, much more than the old Guardians were, who were pretty niche.

But that was Marvels fault a bit at the time as they kept them much more in there own time period, not withstanding a couple of cross overs with the Avengers during the Korvac saga.

More likely they will come on as allies perhaps although Yondu is much better known than the others due to his appearances in the movies.

I am hoping for an Adam Warlock pack though. That would be awesome.

You are right, Marvel kept them encapsulated and separated from the rest of the Marvel Universe.

2 hours ago, Vargas79 said:

I’d expect a campaign pack with 2 of the fantastic 4 and doctor doom. Galactus, the silver surfer and the other two F4 to follow as individual packs. FF content is firmly what I want more than anything else, especially as they’ve been the least well served by the movie industry.

And how could I forget the Skrulls, Mad thinker, red ghost, salems seven, psycho man.

Loads of potential villains.

I would think Galactus may get his own box set with a scenario each for his different heralds such as Firelord, Terrax, Morg etc.

Then facing Galactus at the end, that would be very cool lol.

3 hours ago, Humantorch101 said:

I would think Galactus may get his own box set with a scenario each for his different heralds such as Firelord, Terrax, Morg etc.

Then facing Galactus at the end, that would be very cool lol.

I’d be delighted if that turned out to be true.

The designers could have some serious fun with a Galactus villain.

Edited by Vargas79

Until now, the first cycle contained 2 scenario packs and 6 hero packs. The second cycle seems to follow the same scheme.

Now that we have 13 different heroes with different mechanics, do you think it is time to reverse the proportions in the cycles?

I mean if the third cycle should not contain 6 scenarios and 2 heroes. Or 5 scenario packs and 3 hero packs, or 4 scenario packs and 4 hero decks ... do you think that the provision is now correct or should it be revised?

At the end of the day we all have a favorite hero, with whom we play all the scenarios and since there are not many, we can do something repetitive. As much as we change the difficulty or the secondary plans, we always face the same villains with the same plans.

In this early phase, it is difficult for a hero pack to come out that you do not want to try or at least have, (there are still many illustrious avengers missing, Beast, WonderMan, Jocasta, Hercules, the Black Knight ...)) but soon hero packs will begin to appear that we will not buy because we are not interested in the character or simply because we already have our favorite character.

What is your opinion?

Is this point still far?

Are you tired of always fighting with the same villains?

54 minutes ago, aeixea said:

What is your opinion?

Are you tired of always fighting with the same villains?

I’d have to give priority to hero packs. I think having five new scenarios will really help with the repetitiveness of the few we currently have.

Everyone has their favorite hero, and I couldn’t imagine being that player just waiting for Wolverine to drop. Having the releases switch to more scenario packs, makes that player waiting for their favorite hero have to wait even longer.

Personally now Red Skull is about to drop with five new villains and Kang and the Guardians has seen announced with another five new scenarios we have I feel a great balance.

At that point of the Guardians box set release, we will have 19 heroes and 16 scenarios. That's a great mix.

I cannot see myself missing hero packs just because I am not so stoked on the hero for two reasons.

1. There are always lots of new aspect and basic cards to add too My collection which expands the replay ability of not just the new pack but all the other heroes that came before it.

2. Each new hero that has been released has a different play style added into the games mix that I will want to try even if the hero itself was not one of my favs

Great example of this is miss marvel.

Edited by Humantorch101

Now we have so many Hydra sets and content, I wonder if we will see some AIM modulars to go along With Modok thematically.

Another scenario I would love to see is the serpent society.

I'm all about the Fantastic Four.

With Franklin and Val in some form too. Negative Zone and Annihilus. Galactus and the Surfer.

I'm committed, I doubt there are any characters I would skip just because I don't like them in the comics. I didn't get tired of the 6 scenarios we have in a year's time, so having 5 new villains will make all the "old" heroes feel fresh and new again with new challenges to face. Really easy to turn the previous scenarios into a campaign using the cards provided in Rise of Red Skull...

I'd say the scenario I'm most looking forward to is Infinity War, which must be in the pipeline somewhere given the popularity of the last 2 Avengers films. Having to fight through Black Dwarf, Ebon Maw, Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive would be amazing. Throw in Stormbreaker Thor and nano suit Iron Man and boom, you've got a stellar boxset.

11 hours ago, Humantorch101 said:

Now we have so many Hydra sets and content, I wonder if we will see some AIM modulars to go along With Modok thematically.

Another scenario I would love to see is the serpent society.

I think you are right.

Counting on the hydra guards from Rino's deck, the ones from the bomb threat, the Hydra legion side plan and now Red Skull ... don't you think there is too much Hydra in the game?

I also miss other villains who are not related to Hydra.

How is it possible that we are about to finish the second cycle and we still do not have a campaign of "Assault on the mansion"? Or at least a Masters of Evil side plan. So far, this has been a game that thrives on the Avengers.

I won’t be skipping any releases. I do kind of wish the scenarios were used to break up the heroes a little more (2 hero packs, Villain pack, 2 heroes, Campaign pack, repeat), but I think the ratio is correct. Once we have Red Skull and Kang, the scenario pool is doubled and I expect that to keep me busy for a long while.

I don’t really care about the Guardians all that much, but I’ll buy all their hero packs for the aspect cards, even if none of the heroes grab me that much...