Allen's X-wing Bodyshop

By Amc879, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Just wanted to post a link to all my painted ships in one place since I have been so bad at regularly posting them to the matching galleries. I have been painting for a little over a year (started March 2019). Today I decided to create an Instagram account to manage all my painted ships and we will see where that leads. The dream is to start doing (near free) commissions to gain some publicity and then eventually save up enough money from commissions to buy my first airbrush to keep painting. I figure that writing all this down on the internet is a great way to set the goal and maybe achieve it one day. Please like and / or follow if you feel compelled to do so. I am always looking for new inspirations and if you have any ideas for a ship, I would love to hear it. I would love to hear about other painters and tips and tricks as well.

https://www.instagram.com/allens_xwing_bodyshop/

Thanks for reading and please look at my toys!

Allen

I liked what you did with that YT-1300..

Bold colour choices, I like seeing people doing something different :)

Good luck with your endeavours, and hope you get your airbrush 👍

Thanks so much @LTuser anx @Jiwestone . My next project is an Upsilon for a friend. They had originally talked about wanting it blue and white. Gonna need more info from him in what exactly he wants, but I'd love and ideas here too.

They surely pop out on the table!

I like the dazzle rainbow 2400, that's cool.

Just added a color change tie fighter to the collection. Check out the video highlighting the color change here!

It took a lot longer than I thought but I just finished the Upsilon. First commission on the books. Owner couldn't be happier with the triangle gradient on the wings. Check it out here!

Edited by Amc879

NICE.. What was the idea he had, for that color scheme?

8 hours ago, LTuser said:

NICE.. What was the idea he had, for that color scheme?

He said he wanted it white with random triangles on the inside wings and drew the blue yellow triangles for the outside wings.

He has a nice purple and orange TIE ba already and so really I think it was just to brighten up the FO. He has a cool white silencer with a skull with red eyes on it for Avenger as well. This just had to have the same white base.

It's been a busy week but I finally finished my first camo ship. Almost went with dazzle camo instead but glad I didn't now that I see the finished result.

Added a touch up to rainbow Squadron recently. Each ship just needed a little touch up to clean up some details. Crazy to think I painted these almost two years ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIbGpTJnP4T/?igshid=d7bx7zp1zcuu

Additionally, keep your eyes peeled on instagram for a special holiday commission deal. Stay safe everybody.

Edited by Amc879
Fixing info.