Haunting of Dale

By SpiderMana, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

We've got an article for the new DLC campaign!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/8/6/the-haunting-of-dale/

I think all of the campaigns so far have had a decent amount of social encounters, but this one looks like it might lean a little heavier in that direction, which is super cool!

And Dwellers in Darkness comes with another copy of the Knife?? 😱 Guess there's no question for me about getting that one.

Awesome, just pre-ordered Dwellers in the Darkness figure pack.

Edited by doubletapdaddy

The troll looks awesome! Can't wait to get this figure pack.

these figs look awesome. Definitely excited for more JIME

11 hours ago, Mandalore of the Rings said:

The troll looks awesome! Can't wait to get this figure pack.

Yeah, those chains!

Hmm, the DLC says coming soon, whereas the pack says October...

1 hour ago, cybrweez said:

Hmm, the DLC says coming soon, whereas the pack says October...

Yes, I noticed that as well, which is a shame because I'd like to play through the campaign with the new figures right off the bat.

"This pack contains three beautifully sculpted new miniatures of the iconic villains from the two campaigns, an additional copy of the Knife item with new upgrades, a new trinket with its own upgrades, and three brand-new titles to enhance your Journeys in Middle-earth adventures."

Three brand new titles? Or brand new tiles? Has to be tiles, right?

I wish they would have included new tiles with blister packs in Imperial Assault. That would be a great way to market the product.

18 minutes ago, Mandalore of the Rings said:

Three brand new titles? Or brand new tiles? Has to be tiles, right?

No, it's definitely titles. The Villains of Eriador didn't have any new tiles (they wouldn't be able to fit anything bigger than more 100's anyways, which aren't really necessary), but it did have some new titles.

Oh, OK. Bit disappointing then. What does it mean by "titles" then? I've played JiME a few times but have yet to get my own copy... plan on getting one soon, for the next birthday/Xmas slot! I do play a lot of Imperial Assault and there are similarities and differences (obviously). Lack of dice being a huge difference (and a fun one IMO). I wish JiME had a "skirmish" mode, where you could make teams of hobbits and elves or whatever battle it out against warg swarms or goblins or something.

11 hours ago, Mandalore of the Rings said:

Oh, OK. Bit disappointing then. What does it mean by "titles" then? I've played JiME a few times but have yet to get my own copy... plan on getting one soon, for the next birthday/Xmas slot! I do play a lot of Imperial Assault and there are similarities and differences (obviously). Lack of dice being a huge difference (and a fun one IMO). I wish JiME had a "skirmish" mode, where you could make teams of hobbits and elves or whatever battle it out against warg swarms or goblins or something.

Titles are a type of card that you can earn throughout a campaign. They get added to your deck and usually have a powerful once-per-adventure ability. They're honestly really cool.

I don't know that I expect to see any sort of skirmish ever, but their tease for next year's expansion was that "Middle Earth is going to war," so I mean... there's a chance that's what they meant.

The small boxes for this game are a bit disappointing in that they don't really introduce much new actual content. 90% of the draw is to get the cool boss figures (which, to be fair, are very cool).

13 hours ago, Kjeld said:

The small boxes for this game are a bit disappointing in that they don't really introduce much new actual content. 90% of the draw is to get the cool boss figures (which, to be fair, are very cool).

i see what you're saying but in this event the boss figures are actually extremely well done. I'll gladly throw my cash for this expansion :D

1 hour ago, TrevinoKing said:

i see what you're saying but in this event the boss figures are actually extremely well done. I'll gladly throw my cash for this expansion :D

Exactly. I mean, I bought Villains of Eriador just for the figures, and will probably buy this pack too. But I know that I am paying almost entirely for an aesthetic upgrade, and it's important that anyone thinking about buying these understands exactly what they're paying for.

On 8/8/2020 at 7:07 AM, Birdman137 said:

Yes, I noticed that as well, which is a shame because I'd like to play through the campaign with the new figures right off the bat.

And why we can't is beyond me.

Maybe they want to wait until the app is fully debugged. Seriously though, I wish they would release the expansions and associated figure pack simultaneously .

When does the new expansion come out? I can’t find a date, just pre-order now info

5 hours ago, TrevinoKing said:

When does the new expansion come out? I can’t find a date, just pre-order now info

I thought they said in the announcement stream that the DLC and minis pack are both due in October.

They did. It is also in the last paragraph of the article. October 2020