Is there a date set for RttFA release?

By player5667253, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

I pre-ordered the return to forgotten age and was wondering if their is a way to check when it is planned to drop.

It' out now. Where did you pre-order it from? Distribution is not globally consistent, so some countries seem to get things earlier than others.

Officially it releases tomorrow (Friday 7th August) according to the Asmodee weekly release list that retailers get sent, although many stores seem to have started selling it during the week.

Yes, tomorrow, which is when ours is supposed to be delivered. The investigator packs are releasing on Aug 28.

Edited by Mimi61

I've had notification mine was despatched yesterday. Hooray!!!

But I'm going on holiday tomorrow and there'll be nobody here to receive it and the box is too big for my letter box. Booo!!!

Just now, Janaka said:

I've had notification mine was despatched yesterday. Hooray!!!

But I'm going on holiday tomorrow and there'll be nobody here to receive it and the box is too big for my letter box. Booo!!!

That happened to us too, though we have parcel boxes they give us keys to. It will be a treat for our return.

7 minutes ago, Mimi61 said:

That happened to us too, though we have parcel boxes they give us keys to. It will be a treat for our return.

I'm hoping mine's coming by Royal Mail, in which case when they fail to deliver (on account of me not being here) I'll be able to collect it from my local Post Office when I get back - and my Marvel Champions Hulk pack too which despatched today. If they're not coming by Royal Mail I have no idea what will happen to them. Return to sender maybe?

Edited by Janaka

They have been

Just now, Janaka said:

I'm hoping mine's coming by Royal Mail, in which case when they fail to deliver (on account of me not being here) I'll be able to collect it from my local post office when I get back - and my Marvel Champions Hulk pack to which despatched today. I they're not coming by Royal Mail I have no idea what will happen to them.

Totally understand. We have neighbors bringing in our mail for us, since we didn’t want it sitting in a super hot metal box for several days.
You should get a tracking number, so if it’s not Royal Mail, you should be able to reschedule delivery right?

I live in the same state as FFG headquarters so I doubt location is an issue. It still says preorder in their upcoming list, is that just an error?

1 hour ago, player5667253 said:

I live in the same state as FFG headquarters so I doubt location is an issue. It still says preorder in their upcoming list, is that just an error?

Yeah. Nobody went in and updated it yet. That’s happened before. It’s already available in some stores evidently.

Wasn’t it released yesterday?

Guess you can’t pop into their gaming store and purchase in person.

Here is an unboxing to let you know what you are missing while you wait :)

https://youtu.be/gja5a2t9dOE

On 8/6/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mimi61 said:

Yeah. Nobody went in and updated it yet. That’s happened before. It’s already available in some stores evidently.

I would just cancel the preorder and get it in store but for some reason they haven't even processed my order so I can't cancel it. FF is doin me dirty.

7 hours ago, player5667253 said:

I would just cancel the preorder and get it in store but for some reason they haven't even processed my order so I can't cancel it. FF is doin me dirty.

That happened to us two months ago. I emailed them and they sent it. You could also call customer service and find out what happened.

Edited by Mimi61

Definitely seems to be out now, player, given I've got my copy within a few feet of me, and I'm in the UK ;)

13 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

That happened to us two months ago. I emailed them and they sent it. You could also call customer service and find out what happened.

I did and it came today! Don't know how it shipped so fast after finally processing my order but I am not complaining.

9 hours ago, player5667253 said:

I did and it came today! Don't know how it shipped so fast after finally processing my order but I am not complaining.

It might've been a case of people not updating a computer, rather than not dealing with an order, especially if they're busy (I don't know if they are or not, admittedly).