Special Damage (pilot wounded)

By player669359, in Wings of War (WWII)

I have a copy of Fire from the sky, while reading the rule with the part special damage, I noticed that the rule only cover the situation for single-seaters, however, planes using the I maneuver deck are two-seaters. How will you solve the case for such planes?

In our last game, planes using I deck only trigger the event unless they received two wounded pilot tokens, and only immediately eliminated from four tokens

Iamafool said:

I have a copy of Fire from the sky, while reading the rule with the part special damage, I noticed that the rule only cover the situation for single-seaters, however, planes using the I maneuver deck are two-seaters. How will you solve the case for such planes?

I think the conventional approach is: If the shot comes in through the front half of that card, it hits the pilot; back half, gunner.

Thanks for your reply, this would be far better than our approach.

But this would still be some little problem when attacking on the side of your opponent, as wounded gunner will not make a penalty, therefore, as an attacker, I will mostly choose to target on the fore part, may somehow sounds unfair to the defender.

Anyway, thank you once again =)

If you have access to the rule book from the deluxe set, it is covered there.

I don't have it with me now, but I believe you draw an A token, if it's 0 or 1 the Gunner took the hit, if it's anything else the Pilot took the hit... or something like that.

I'll check when I get home and repost later.

-Salute

The deluxe rule book (which you can download from the support section of FFG's WoW website) has the rules on page 23. Effectively, you draw a token from the A damage deck and if the result is 2 or more the pilot is hit as normal, otherwise the observer is hit.