Grieves, Dooku, Maul+ B1s

By F0RGED, in Army Building

Grevious + Tenacity

Dooku + F.Reflex, F.Choke, F.Push, E.Leader

Maul + F.Reflex

5x B1Unit

Grevious 1 Pip, Dooku 1,2,3 Pip, Maul 1,2 Pip (apparently 1 of his 1 Pips replaces a 3)

36 points to bid/spend

Thoughts?

Until Maul’s cards are completely spoiled, this doesn’t really work. I mean sure, you can theoretically build the list, but tactically you can’t do anything until you know how Maul and his cards work. What if he is forced to take the probe droids? What is their cost? There are too many unknowns here.

For sure alot of unknowns! And the probe droids are a separate unit which if they are drop a unit of B1's and have 72 points for them. Right now the only thing holding back my Three Pronged Attack list is the specifics around his 1/3 Pip build info!

Seems pretty rad to me. There are 7 lightsaber blades in this list, so it's better, at least, than all the lists with 6 or fewer.

Beyond that, I really prefer Grievous with his pistol. He just burns too bright and fast if he has nothing to do but charge in. But with 3 stud muffins, maybe that's not so much an issue.

Still, with 32 points left, I'd be looking at the pistol and 20 points of what-have-you.

I usually preach against Double the fall style lists for other armies because their commanders are absolute order hogs. This list, since it's CIS, could work, but you need a unit there with HQ link to ensure that all the droids have orders and the only remaining orders in the pool are either 2 commanders, or 1 commander and 1 operative (which gives you a reasonable 50/50).

I would also probably bid about 5 points to ensure that you get the objectives where the enemy has to move a bit around. Transmissions, hostages, and bombing run would be my guess for best cards to play.

That leaves you 16 points, which personally I would use to give Maul the same upgrades as Dooku. Push is just too versatile. We remain to see, tho, if Maul has any Mastery of the force. If he doesn't, or just has one, then I would go Saber throw, force push and force choke.

Remember that you are going to want to always activate Dooku and Maul first to get their defensive options up before they're focused, so ideally you would want to play Maul's CC to get that perfect order control. And to consider how clever that is we have to wait and see how good they actually are.

Firstly, you'd better believe I'm running this list at least a few times. Secondly, I think you should play a fun game with Palp and just ignore the faction control to have Palp and his 2 darths.