Barkham Horror Legality

By Urvogel, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

On 7/31/2020 at 1:30 AM, Assussanni said:

In the news article announcing Barkham we were shown this card fan:

pahc01_a1_cardfan1.png

The two player cards bear the text “Barkham deck only” and don’t appear to be signature assets (they don’t have the “[investigator name] deck only” text). From the wording in the article I wouldn’t be surprised if all the player cards had the same Barkham only limitation.

A while back there was a live stream about Barkham where Matt fielded some of these questions. I can’t remember it super clearly, and if someone else does, please correct me. It might even have even been that he said something about part of the proceeds going to charity, which might be why so many of us have that impression. My memory is that are the base game is needed for deck building, (although there could be restrictions. I’m not sure about paw slots, for example, two or four?) I do remember Matt saying something about not using the investigators in other campaigns. I can’t remember if he included other cards in that. I do vividly remember him ending with, “But we know some of you will anyway!” and laughed. Which I suppose could be interpreted as tacit permission, for those so inclined....

It stands to reason that there will be a few player cards geared for these unique investigators, but then, all stand alones have asset/event or skill cards that don’t become part of the general collection.
I, for one and excited to play it.
Arkham off the leash!

Edited by Mimi61

So which gator is most likely to equip a spiked collar?

Pity that Silas can't take the monocle.

Edited by CSerpent

No confirmed date yet, but September was what I was told by my FLGS as they were asking if I wanted one before ordering. Really wish FFG would update that upcoming page.

5 hours ago, Redclock said:

No confirmed date yet, but September was what I was told by my FLGS as they were asking if I wanted one before ordering. Really wish FFG would update that upcoming page.

Me too!
This is just pure speculation, but I keep wondering if the hold up with the release has to do with Covid and Vets for Pets. Maybe they aren’t up and running yet, or suffered a major set back which is still being worked through. Remember the Q and A last spring, when they asked us to submit any questions we wanted? One of my questions was when Barkham would release. Everyone kind of exchanged glances and Matt just shrugged and said “No idea.” It almost felt like it was something out of their hands, especially since they gave us the new release schedule for all the other previously announced products in that Q and A.

Edited by Mimi61
On 8/5/2020 at 9:55 AM, CSerpent said:

So which gator is most likely to equip a spiked collar?

Pity that Silas can't take the monocle.

Finn may be interested in an illicit spiked collar...

From Asmodee's Barkum Horror page. I love the barcode.

pahc01-image1500.png pahc01-image3500.png pahc01-image2500.png

For anyone who didn’t get a copy and is curious to have a look inside or wants to know where the charity money is going we hope this video will give you some more information.

https://youtu.be/sBZE--asS_o