U wing

By Knight Scarface, in Game Masters

I have run into this problem, my players have gotten a hold of a U wing and have manged to get it almost blown up, how many engines could a U wing fly without

I would imagine much like a commercial airliner in a movie. Yes it is not good to lose an engine or two, but you would still be able to (kind of) fly for a few moments before the stress of having to handle the extra load would blow the remaining engines. This would be a good time to have them crashland and test their survival skills. Or use this to flush their pile of credits down the drain. Or you can use this to have someone pay them through repairs and parts instead of credits. Use it as an opportunity, and let the narrative decide what happens, or how you want to push the story.

Al right thanks for the information, I wasnt to certain about that sence ships in starwars normal just blow up and that's it. 😄

14 hours ago, Knight Scarface said:

Al right thanks for the information, I wasnt to certain about that sence ships in starwars normal just blow up and that's it. 😄

Helmeted, Numbered (e.g Green 4), Visored mooks in Rebels blow up immediately....

Named or Helmetless, Visible-Face characters (eg Sabine Wren) take shield emitter/hull damage and survive to have the same thing happen three episodes later. Those Rebels burn through their Light Side Destiny pool every episode 😂

Edited by DidntFallAsleep66

What @Sear_Clone said above :)

Also, if you've got atmosphere with enough pressure and updraft, you could conceivably sail the U-Wing in and land it on a flat field (i.e. controlled crash landing). Furthermore, if in space, the ship could possibly still enter hyperspace
even though the sublight engines are down. But yeah, basically what @Sear_Clone said :D