New Shadowed Paths characters

By TheTurkish, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

I've done the first two campaign with Legolas plus Beravor or Gimli, but I would like to start the SP campaign with two new characters.

So, which couple of characters will you choose from the SP expansion? With what equipment?

For my first Shadowed Paths campaign I am planning to use:

Arwen - Walking Stick - Sword - Captain/Herbalist

Balin - Sword - Shield - Delver

Eleanor - Hatchet - Sling - Traveller

I'm waiting to start playing until I finish painting my minis (nearly have the heroes done) and until some of the current bugs get cleared up in the campaign.

Would Balin and Dis be a viable pair? I think those are the 2 I’m gonna use as my first attempt.

We haven't started the new campaign yet because we still have some painting to do. We only just started painting the original figures a couple of weeks ago. That being said, we're to run our first new campaign as three dwarves. Don't really care if it's optimum, just feels super thematic to us. That and my daughter did a great job painting them.

Edited by doubletapdaddy
20 hours ago, Ywingscum said:

Would Balin and Dis be a viable pair? I think those are the 2 I’m gonna use as my first attempt.

You could do better, but you could also do worse. You won’t have to worry about combat much, but agility tests are obviously going to hurt you, and interacting in general is going to be a weakness.

And I’ll likely miss sprint. But I’m leaning this way anyway. I played the core campaign 3 times. I’m likely to do the same for this. So it’ll be a feel it out run.

I think I will try Gandalf and Dis. Let's see how it will go...