Depowered Armament & Extreme Range

By lunitic501, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

Had this come up yesterday in a game and couldnt find the answer anywhere. My Onager Star Destroyer got the Depowered Armament crit which says " You cannot attack at long range." How would that effect extreme range shots? Can I not take those either or am I good to as long as my opponent isnt at long range of my Onager? We never figured it out because at this point in the game all of his ships had flown past my Onager so I wasnt going to get anymore extreme range shots anyway, would still like to know though in case it comes up again.

Currently in Armada, there are 4 "ranges".
"Close", "Medium", "Long", and "Extreme".

As stated, Depowered armament means you "Cannot" attack at "Long" range. What this means, is that when you measure from ship to ship (or squadron), when conducting an attack, if that attack would be conducted at "long" range. The attack cannot happen. If the range is at "close", "medium", or "extreme", the attack can be conducted.

As Karneck said, something affecting long range doesn't affect extreme range. Think of "Depowered Armament" as having the normal ship's turbolaser damaged, but the super cannon used for the extreme range attacks is still intact.

EDIT: now that I think of it, it wouldn't be the turbolasers but more the sensors of the ship at long range or something like that, as you won't be able to use the super weapon either at long range.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

Sir! We've been jammed!

*shakes fist*

Lonestar!!!!