Acquiring new specialization

By 97Starvipper, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

So, here is my question, I am doing a group GMing experiment with 2 others friends where we all takes turns being GM for an adventure. This is meant to be fun and casual. We all chosen to be jedi and I chose the guardian warleader specialization, which focuses on perceiving the battlefield and using cover to make sure your allies stay alive. The problem I'm running into is that I am usually only playing with one other character and they have a light saber, so they want to get up close and personal, not stay behind cover. I want to use my tree specialization and have fun with it, but won't find super utility with it with only one other player playing. One solution I came up with but not sure how to do is taming and training an animal to "distract" the enemy to make the battlefield more advantageous for me. I get to use my tree and it is not reliant on what another player does. In our adventure, we just crashed landed on Wiek, which is the DnD planet of Star Wars. We plan on being on this planet for a few sessions at least. This would be a good opportunity for my character to break away from the group and get in tune with himself and the force (he has some trauma to sort though) while taking up the hermit specialization tree. I have the seeker source book which explains how to do all this. What I am not sure about is acquiring the Hermit talent tree, in order to start taming an animal. I'm looking in the F&D core rule book and I have to spend 20 xp (2nd specialization tree) to gain the career skills (pg. 103). Once I do that, is there a tax on buying "one with nature" talent? If so, how much? Help explaining this is very much appreciated.

When purchasing an out-of-career spec, there is an additional 10 XP cost to the base cost of buying in. So while a different Guardian tree would be only 20 XP (total number of specs*10), the Hermit spec would be 30 XP (total number of specs*10+10). Then the talents in the tree cost the amount shown with no additional cost.

Hopefully that clears this up for you.

It does. Thank you.