Tractor clarification

By Iceman169, in X-Wing Rules Questions

So I'm a bit confused about tractor rules. To reduce agility do you need one tractor token, or the tractered condition?

First off, we assuming you're talking about the Second Edition rules... First Edition is decidedly different. ;)

To reduce a ship's agility, or to possibly move it around, requires that a ship become Tractored , a game term meaning "has enough tractor tokens to cause this effect to happen." The amount of tokens necessary to cause a ship to become Tractored varies based on its base size:

• 1+ tractor tokens for Small bases
  • 2+ tractor tokens for Medium bases
  • 3+ tractor tokens for Large bases

When a ship becomes tractored (one time event), the player who applied the token/s can move the targeted ship in certain ways, sometimes followed by a rotation (see the complete rules for specifics).

While a ship is tractored (ongoing condition), it rolls one fewer defense die. A ship's actual agility is not modified; rather, it simply rolls a different amount of dice.

For complete information, you probably want to read the rules for "Tractor" on Page 20, in the Rules Reference . In a nutshell, though...

There are also rules for tractoring huge ships, but since those only appear in Epic gameplay, I'm not going to go into detail there. :D

Just in case it does come up, for a Huge ship it is as follows:

6 tractor tokens to become "tractored", being "tractored" applies the -1 defense die, no "tractored" reposition.

10 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Just in case it does come up, for a Huge ship it is as follows:

6 tractor tokens to become "tractored", being "tractored" applies the -1 defense die, no "tractored" reposition.

But I wanna do my 90-degree rotation!

(shuddering as I think about the logistics of doing so)

22 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

Tractored , a game term meaning

Condition or Game state. Not simply a term. So

On 7/24/2020 at 7:58 PM, Iceman169 said:

To reduce agility do you need one tractor token, or the tractered condition?

The Tractored condition is needed (for 2E).