Translucent ships in expansion reprints?

By Wh0isTh3D0ct0r, in Cosmic Encounter

I played Cosmic Encounter with some friends a few years ago and enjoyed it for the most part, but there was something about the opaque ships that kind of turned me off to the look of the game. I can't explain it; I just didn't like the boring, solid-colored chunks of plastic that were the most noticeable components of the game. And yes, I know that there are plenty of people out there who prefer the opaque ships; I'm just not among those people. I really like the look of the new translucent ships that are now included in the core game, so I have finally gotten around to buying my own copy of the game. And I am happy to report that my family and I have played the game quite a lot since I got it about a month ago, so I am really pleased with my purchase.

My question is this: it looks like the previous version of the core game with opaque ships is no longer being produced, so is there any chance that the expansions will be reprinted such that the orange, white, and black ships are also translucent? I'd like to buy those expansions eventually, but I'm not thrilled about the idea of having opaque ships mixed in with the translucent ships that I have right now. (Yes, I know that I could borrow the translucent ships that I have from Cosmic Encounter Duel , but the purist in me just doesn't want to do that.)

Is FFG planning to just keep selling the expansions until they run out and then reprint them with translucent ships? Or are we never going to get translucent ships for the 6th, 7th, and 8th players?