Delver card 11 Glory question

By sensnej, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

I have a question about the Delver role card 11 "Glory". It states that "After you suffer damage or fear, gain 1 inspiration and scout 1". In a situation where you gain both damage and fear at the same time, does the ability trigger once or twice? How would you interpret it? 🤔

I would personally take that to mean you can trigger it once after taking both at the same time?

I concur, but then again our house rarely interprets anything in favor of the heroes. 😆

Yea, pretty sure you'd only get the ability once.

The amount of damage and/or fear is not specified, so whatever the amount or mix received, the ability is triggered only once.
The other way of interpreting the rule is to say "as soon as I receive a damage or a fear, the ability is triggered" and there again it is triggered only once because it will have disappeared before the second hit.

Is it not just as probable that the ability is always checking for instances of Damage or Fear?

Suffer 1 damage and one 1 fear

Your examples:

-->1 damage-->trigger-->END

-->1 damage+1 fear-->trigger-->END

My example:

-->1 damage-->trigger-->1 fear-->trigger-->END

So the question is really what is the timing window for "After you suffer damage or fear." Is it after the individual card is suffered, or is it after all damage/fear is suffered from a single source.

I would tend to agree with the other posters that it doesn't trigger until after all damage/fear from a single source has been resolved. At that point if you have suffered any damage and/or fear, Glory triggers. The example I will give is that this is the way last stands work. You don't do the last stand until all the damage/fear from a source has been suffered.

From the Rules Reference section 22.5:

"When suffering multiple damage () or fear () from a single
source—an enemy group or game effect—the hero does not
determine if their damage or fear is equal to or greater than
their damage and fear limits until all the damage or fear cards
from that source are resolved completely."

That's just my take on it.

Aye, that sounds like a clear example of how single source damages and fears are applied. I am content with that answer 😄 . Thank you everyone for your inputs!