New Shadowed Paths content in old games

By Vince79, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

I think I read here that if you get the new Shadowed Paths expansion, there will be elements of it that come up in the old campaigns. I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this, or had any idea of what that might entail?

I was thinking of going back and starting over from scratch, and do the first campaign again. Because my campaign was not that successful and a lot of it was a learning exercise. I'm not sure I want new content brought it though. If I "Disable" Shadowed Paths, I'm assuming that will turn off any new content in the old games?

1 hour ago, Vince79 said:

I think I read here that if you get the new Shadowed Paths expansion, there will be elements of it that come up in the old campaigns. I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this, or had any idea of what that might entail?

I was thinking of going back and starting over from scratch, and do the first campaign again. Because my campaign was not that successful and a lot of it was a learning exercise. I'm not sure I want new content brought it though. If I "Disable" Shadowed Paths, I'm assuming that will turn off any new content in the old games?

Yup, some random encounters might show up, and the enemy minions definitely do.

If you have Shadowed Paths enabled when you start the campaign, it won't let you continue the campaign with Shadowed Paths disabled. If you're careful and only ever open the save file while Shadowed Paths is disabled, you might be able to play a campaign that way, though.