Saesee Tiin with R2-A6

By muzhyou, in X-Wing Rules Questions

I've formed a squad in which there is Saesee Tiin and Anakin. Anakin is equipped with R2-A6.

And here below is my thought of this combination:

Anakin is in range 2 of Saesee Tiin. After Anakin reveals a speed-2 straight on his dial, he may set his dial to speed-2 bank-to-right with the help of Saesee Tiin's pilot ability, and then he also may set the dial to speed-3 bank-to-right with the help of R2-A6.

I wonder whether such combo works, but I'm not sure whether Saesee Tiin's or R2-A6's ability may trigger after the other.

Anyone has any idea on this?

This combo works fine. Essentially, these abilities have the same trigger, so as long as Anakin is within range 0-2 of Saesee, you can add both abilities to the queue in whichever order you like; they then resolve in that order.

Reference! (For these purposes, Anakin isn't really relevant, since we're mainly looking at the interaction with the Droid.)

latest?cb=20190205103012 . latest?cb=20190520221317

I think it's ok to trigger both Saesee Tiin's pilot ability and R2-A6's ability after one in range reveals its dial, but the problem here actually is -

I'm not sure whether R2-A6 may set the dial to a maneuver of the same bearing of a speed 1 higher or lower based on the change of Saesee Tiin has done to the dial, or Saesee Tiin may set the dial to another maneuver of the same speed and difficulty based on the change of R2-A6 has done to the dial.

Either; you can use them in whichever order you want. You can change the dial first with Saesee and then increase the speed of the new maneuver with R2-A6, or you can increase the speed with R2-A6 then change the dial with Saesee.

Great.

I'll try the combo in the local store casual event this Saturday, to find if I can increase the threat of Anakin (Delta-7).

On 7/21/2020 at 10:06 AM, muzhyou said:

Anakin is in range 2 of Saesee Tiin. After Anakin reveals a speed-2 straight on his dial, he may set his dial to speed-2 bank-to-right with the help of Saesee Tiin's pilot ability, and then he also may set the dial to speed-3 bank-to-right with the help of R2-A6.

Just keep in mind that Tiin’s ability requires selecting a maneuver of the same difficulty. So, your example above works, but you can’t do it in the other order:

reveal blue 2 straight

R2-A6 changes it to 3 blue straight

Tiin cannot change 3 blue straight to 3 white bank.

Edit: but it is amazing that you can set a 2 blue straight and end up doing ANY of 8 different maneuvers! 1-/2-/3-speed banks plus 2-/3-speed straight!

Edited by Synel