Jedi Gamblers (and Cheaters)

By intothenight, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

7 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

Taken from Anakin's perspective, yes they are equal.

Not even that, no.

He might claim the Jedi are evil, but that's just his self-justification.

1 hour ago, Stan Fresh said:

Not even that, no.

He might claim the Jedi are evil, but that's just his self-justification.

Misguided? Yes. Arrogant? Yes. Stupid at times yes. evil no.

I mean who finds out the template for the mysterious clone army was paid by the seperatists and just goes ahead and uses the army. And doesnt think hmmm. I should probably be super careful an look ireally deeply at this connection. And maybe you should consider why so many are wanting out of the republic. You should probably address those concerns

Edited by Daeglan
1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

Misguided? Yes. Arrogant? Yes. Stupid at times yes. evil no.

I mean who finds out the template for the mysterious clone army was paid by the seperatists and just goes ahead and uses the army. And doesnt think hmmm. I should probably be super careful an look ireally deeply at this connection. And maybe you should consider why so many are wanting out of the republic. You should probably address those concerns

Why would it be the Jedi's business to address Republic politics?

As for the clones, it was use them or get steamrolled by the capitalism robots. No matter what, the Jedi were screwed.

5 hours ago, Daeglan said:

I think that is a consequence of trying to fit it all in a movie when it really benefited far more from episodic story telling.

I also dont think he started Genocidal. He started as a slave and never stopped being treated that way. Never stopped being dismissed. Never was validated. Was told to ignore his visions.

I think it's more of a consequence of being a good screenwriter not being one of George Lucas's many talents.

1 hour ago, Stan Fresh said:

Because they are the guys called upon to execute Republic politics.

53 minutes ago, micheldebruyn said:

Because they are the guys called upon to execute Republic politics.

Exactly. They're the executive branch, not the legislative or judicial one. They don't decide on policy, they execute it.

19 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

As for the clones, it was use them or get steamrolled by the capitalism robots. No matter what, the Jedi were screwed.

It shouldnt be. But Jedi got used to Senatorial funding. Credits...its a **** of a drug...