Dynamic Duo PCs

By Lukey84, in Game Masters

We're starting a new campaign and I have two players that want to be counterparts. One is a big burly Vanguard that is going to be focused on Agility, Brawn and Willpower, the other is a small medical droid focusing on Intellect, and Presence. The Vanguard wants to be able to throw the medic around, which I'm fine with, but he also wants to be able to carry him securely on his back. Almost turning into an Idea Versio / ID-10 duo.

Aside from very heavy min-max gaming, do you see any issues that I might run into as a GM? It's going to be my largest group PCs ever at a whopping 6.

Are you following the rules on encumbrance? If not that is fine, it is your game, but if you are that will make almost every check a lot harder. Beyond that I see the only issue I see is when combat comes around do you have an idea what the droid will do during combat? Each character may only receive one medicine check an encounter (Page 218, core Eote). Is he ok consistently taking a backseat during these scenes, or do you have other things planned? Can he hold and use a weapon?

Beyond that it does sound like a cool idea!

I think that would be fine.

Stimpacks might get a bit out of hand though.