Standard Noob Question: What to buy?

By Eyegor, in KeyForge

I've played a handful of games when Keyforge was first released. Bought myself two decks but never bought the starter. Learned to play from a couple of friends and we just used coins or whatever tokens we had laying around. Life happens, people come and go and I haven't played since. Now Mass Mutation has got me hooked again so what do I do? I'm tempted to go the Starter route this time as the least painful way to slide back into the game. The deluxe decks seem like a good idea for FFG and I'm tempted but I would buy at least two to start so why not just go Starter? Or cheap out and start with 2 standard decks and see where it goes. After all, that's what I did last time.

All input appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Starter set is a good option, because it will get you all the tokens you need too. (There are additional tokens for Ward and Enrage that were added in Worlds Collide.)
You might also want to check out some of the resources in this New Player Guide .

Welcome back!

Well to close up this topic. I decided to stop by FLGS and picked up a Starter. Only after I got home did I realize it was Worlds Collide and not MM. Oh well, still new to me. Play on.

My overall ranking of how much I like each set is:

1) The Call of the Archons - The original is by far my favorite.

2) Mass Mutation - The deck are probably not as strong as Worlds Collide on average but I think it's better designed.

3) Worlds Collide - Some strong decks, but a little boring compared to the other sets. And one house is (Brobnar) is just very badly designed, maybe the design was done by a intern or something.

4) Age of Ascension - Just avoid that one.

Edited by Zalco

I think that the average Mass Mutation deck is better than the average WC but you're more likely to find a top deck in WC rather in MM imho