"Return to" boxes: will it fit?

By Garoath, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

I recently began my collection of Arkham Horror after watching the Team Covenant live streams. I decided to start with 2 copies of the core set plus the "Return to the Night of the Zealot" box. At first, I was really glad I bought the "return to" box since it had dividers I could use to organize my encounter sets. I quickly realized, however, that the box would not hold everything if I sleeved all my cards. I could fit more cards in the box if I took out the cardboard insert, but then there is TOO much space in the box unless I throw player cards in there (which I would like to keep separate). So, I suppose this post is a gripe and a question. First, I will gripe that the cardboard insert was not designed with card sleeves in mind. That might seem like a trivial complaint, but it raises the question: will the other "return to" boxes accommodate a full campaign worth of encounter cards that have been sleeved?

5 hours ago, Garoath said:

I recently began my collection of Arkham Horror after watching the Team Covenant live streams. I decided to start with 2 copies of the core set plus the "Return to the Night of the Zealot" box. At first, I was really glad I bought the "return to" box since it had dividers I could use to organize my encounter sets. I quickly realized, however, that the box would not hold everything if I sleeved all my cards. I could fit more cards in the box if I took out the cardboard insert, but then there is TOO much space in the box unless I throw player cards in there (which I would like to keep separate). So, I suppose this post is a gripe and a question. First, I will gripe that the cardboard insert was not designed with card sleeves in mind. That might seem like a trivial complaint, but it raises the question: will the other "return to" boxes accommodate a full campaign worth of encounter cards that have been sleeved?

The Return to Boxes fit their campaigns with inner sleeved and its Mythos pack instructions perfectly, sans player cards.
The Return to the Night of the Zealot box holds another inner sleeved campaign as well as Night of the Zealot, sans player cards. We store whatever campaign is next to release its Return To in that box. We have the campaign and NotZ facing each other with the Mythos instructions to separate them. For example, TFA is in it now and it will house Circle Undone after we get RttFA.

Otherwise, the 500 card BCW holds an inner sleeved campaign with Mythos pack instructions perfectly, which is how we store campaigns as they release.
The 500 card BCW box also houses all the stand-alones including The Blob, with inner sleeves.
We are currently using Larger BCW boxes to store our player cards.
Here is a pic of our RtNotZ box and our Dream Eaters as an example.

A8F9F9F8-7045-4679-B55C-414F247DF1E0.jpeg

E55E8631-7840-4E5A-89A8-7554885A7A98.jpeg

Edited by Mimi61

Edited by Mimi61

I love the return to boxes, the RTNOTZ box I keep the encounter cards plus the stand alone sets but all my player card I like to flip through the so I keep them in a Case It zip binder. Keep in mind though other sets use encounter cards from NOTZ and FFG actually includes dividers for the in other sets in guessing so that if your OCD needs to have these cards in each box then you’ll need more core sets.

I have all of my neutral cards, weaknesses and core encounter sets in one box. I do have 3 core sets, so I can keep one set of core encounter cards with whatever campaign we are playing, one for any stand-alones we play with others who aren’t playing the campaign with us and one for fan made card backs. Not that I’m addicted to this game or anything....