Obtain / purchase new tiles with subtler white lines?

By player564393, in Arkham Horror

As you will know, the latest printing of Arkham Horror 3e and the new big box expantions will come with location tiles in which the white lines between the locations are subtler than in the original printing of AH 3E.

You can see what it looks like in the page of the new expansion: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/3/10/under-dark-waves/

I have a first printing of AH3E which has much thickker and uglier white lines and I like the new design of the tiles much better. Is there anyway to purchase the new ones separately?

I don't want a free replacement (I guess this is "tough luck" for me) but I would like to be able to purchase them. Or will they be included in as an "Upgrade kit" in the expansion?

Daniel

I can not see any reason why They would publish upgrade pack for this. Too expensive. Very few would buy it. The best way is to buy new copy and hope that it has upgraded components and sell old copy.

To be fair, something similar happened with Arkham Horror 2nd Edition, when they also changed quite a bit the colour of the board in the second printing, making it easier to read (altough less thematic, in my opinion) and FFG never offered the board on sale (not that they had to, mind you).

I was lucky back them because I liked the first printing better but not this time. Ah, well...

Edited by player564393

Some ebay shops have individual components for sale (happened for all major FFG games in the past), so, possibly that would be an option less expensive than buying a new game

If anyone finds anything about this, I'd like to know. I've never been happy with those white lines from the beginning and would gladly pay for a new set with subtler lines

I've had all the sku's for this game in a cart for a few weeks now, but the thick white lines in core and misprints in Dark Waves don't inspire. That may sound petty, but with the rising costs of games I expect better. The FFG I fell in love with over a decade ago took a bit more care with the little details.

Edited by Keeop
14 hours ago, Keeop said:

I've had all the sku's for this game in a cart for a few weeks now, but the thick white lines in core and misprints in Dark Waves don't inspire. That may sound petty, but with the rising costs of games I expect better. The FFG I fell in love with over a decade ago took a bit more care with the little details.

There are misprints in UDW?? I haven't had the chance to crack it open yet, but know I'm going to be on the look out. What have you found?