Painted some shadowed path minis

By Tarqk, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Thought I'd get going painting the minis, it's been really fun so far. The new minis are even better quality than the old ones. Especially the new goblins, less clutter and cleaner shapes than the old ones.

bHP8xAq.jpg RRqNZqY.jpg qjzd4ha.jpg 9NJzIsf.jpg 6iLmdd7.jpg

Beautifully done! Do you use a matte finish on your minis? The reason I ask is that I love the metallic sheen you were able to preserve on the weapons and armor. Just curious what kind of finishes you use.

Awesome!

On 7/19/2020 at 12:29 AM, Aaron0013 said:

Beautifully done! Do you use a matte finish on your minis? The reason I ask is that I love the metallic sheen you were able to preserve on the weapons and armor. Just curious what kind of finishes you use.

Thanks! :)

Yes, but I apply all metallics last, after giving them a coat of matte varnish for that very reason. Metallics are usually pretty heavy so they can usually stand a little bit of wear and tear. If I wanted to play extra safe I guess I could either apply a metallic coat before the wash too or apply gloss varnish with brush over them metallics but for table quality that's a bit over my time budget :)

Painted Arwen the other day to try out some new paints.

1074677792_ImagefromiOS(46).thumb.jpg.1bf5fdbccf0118e0d5794bb430c9bd5c.jpg Image from iOS (47).jpg

Edited by Tarqk

I love the effect on that gem!

Interesting. Everyone has a different approach! I’m curious if brushing a satin finish over the matte spray would give me the look I’m going for with the metallics.
At any rate, great job with Arwen. Is that contrast paint you used for the robe?

12 hours ago, Aaron0013 said:

Is that contrast paint you used for the robe?

Thanks.
Nah, it's kimera kolors. I just got them so this was a test model to test them out. Had a bit trouble with the white, so anything that had white mixed into it got a bit thick and chalky (skin tones, headdress, highlights).

Edited by Tarqk
13 hours ago, Birdman137 said:

I love the effect on that gem!

These look great, I modeled my Shadow men on yours though I lightened them a bit. Also went with that look for Arwen since I think your more elegant/noble look is a lot better than the herbalist/wanderer look the card/people in general seem to go for.

15 hours ago, Valhalla Gaming said:

These look great, I modeled my Shadow men on yours though I lightened them a bit. Also went with that look for Arwen since I think your more elegant/noble look is a lot better than the herbalist/wanderer look the card/people in general seem to go for.

Oh, cool!

would love to see how they turned out.

i’ve painted eleanor and balin in the mean time.

image.thumb.jpeg.b5abcf56fa0edbc286355c73897ab30f.jpeg

cvjNEOX.jpg

Dunno why I decided to go with the almost samurai vibe on eleanor, but those sashes just spoke to me ^^

On 8/4/2020 at 5:36 PM, Tarqk said:

Oh, cool!

would love to see how they turned out.

i’ve painted eleanor and balin in the mean time.

image.thumb.jpeg.b5abcf56fa0edbc286355c73897ab30f.jpeg

cvjNEOX.jpg

what colors did you use on his red cloak und green padded armour? vieledanke.