Nowhere: Guardians of the Galaxy

By Stethemessiah, in Game Masters

I absolutely love the whole concept behind the location of Nowhere in Guardians of the Galaxy (basically a city in the head of a long dead gargantuan celestial being, for the 3 people who've never seen it), and would like to set up something similar but Star Wars appropriate for my group.

So any suggestions for already existing massive celestial creatures (canon or legends) that I could do this with? Not necessarily just the head, anything that's whole corpse would be big enough is fine.

TIA folks.

Exogorth.

Kessel Run thing from the Solo movie.

Extra-large Purgill.

I haven't done Nowhere yet but my group has enjoyed my knockoffs of Xandar and Sakaar.

Personally, I wouldn't tie it into anything known. Just make a big giant head and leave the players wondering what it was and why no one else has ever seen such a thing.

Didn't Farscape do this as well?

18 hours ago, SemperSarge said:

Didn't Farscape do this as well?

Farscape had Budongs: gigantic space-faring creatures (a bit like the space slugs from Star Wars, but way, way bigger, like, the teeth alone are Star Destroyer sized). Alive they are a menace, dead they are a gigantic pile of valuable minerals; their corpses get turned into mining colonies.

Farscape also had Leviathans: mile-long living bio-mechanoid ships.

Farscape had a lot of weird stuff going on.

On 7/12/2020 at 2:32 PM, micheldebruyn said:

Farscape had Budongs: gigantic space-faring creatures (a bit like the space slugs from Star Wars, but way, way bigger, like, the teeth alone are Star Destroyer sized). Alive they are a menace, dead they are a gigantic pile of valuable minerals; their corpses get turned into mining colonies.

Farscape also had Leviathans: mile-long living bio-mechanoid ships.

Farscape had a lot of weird stuff going on.

Levathan's would fit right in to the Star Wars universe, right down to the Imperials enslaving them and the pilots.