Need suggestions: Models glued to wrong bases

By MadTownXWing, in Army Building

I'm just getting into Legion and this is my first miniature building game. I stupidly glued all of my clone troopers and half of my battle droids to the wrong bases before I noticed (clones on blue bases, droids on tan bases). I'm using a Loctite Super Glue Precision Pen for feet-to-base. Is there any good way to remove all of the bases and then glue them correctly again? Is my best option to just try and get a blade between the feet and the base and cut through the glue?

It couldn't possibly matter in any way which bases they are on as long as the bases are of the right size.

However, the best way to remove superglue is to put them in the freezer. The glue will become brittle and you might be able to just pop them off or wiggle the aforementioned blade in there.

Technically it doesn't matter what bases they are on. Personally, I prime all my models while they are on their bases, and then paint the rim of the base black after any basing is completed.

But if you really want to switch them, I would suggest acetone/nail polish remover* to weaken the bond, then a flat blade to gently pry them off after that.

*I know this won't affect the base, and therefore the clones should also be fine, but I'm not 100% sure how it might interact with the hard plastic used in the B1s.

4 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

It couldn't possibly matter in any way which bases they are on as long as the bases are of the right size.

However, the best way to remove superglue is to put them in the freezer. The glue will become brittle and you might be able to just pop them off or wiggle the aforementioned blade in there.

Thanks! I really only care because I don't plan on painting/basing anytime soon and it will annoy me if the only colored pieces (the bases) aren't consistent.

Do you know if the rest of the glued parts would be fine once they return to room temperature? Particularly the battle droids?

8 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

Technically it doesn't matter what bases they are on. Personally, I prime all my models while they are on their bases, and then paint the rim of the base black after any basing is completed.

But if you really want to switch them, I would suggest acetone/nail polish remover* to weaken the bond, then a flat blade to gently pry them off after that.

*I know this won't affect the base, and therefore the clones should also be fine, but I'm not 100% sure how it might interact with the hard plastic used in the B1s.

Thanks! Do you know if acetone would discolor the clones or the bases? This only matters because I don't plan on painting/basing for a long time so discoloration would be somewhat annoying to me personally.

The acetone shouldn't harm the bases at all. I've used it on the underside of bases to remove magnets with no issues. From what I understand the soft plastic models (like the original clone models) are made out of the same plastic, but I would recommend doing a test on an extra part/part you care less about. You could also test the acetone on a bit of sprue from the droids to see how it affects that plastic.

Paint them or prime them, then you won't notice

You could change the troops but keep the leaders on the different color base so they are easy to spot on the table making it easier to plan movement.