Carrying Cases for Descent?

By sawtooth, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hey all-

I have plans to attend some Cons out in the Midwest this year (traveling by plane), and I would like to bring a subset of my Descent game pieces for after-con gaming in the hotel room with my mates.

Anyone have ideas on a product, special system or case that would help me carry a couple scenarios worth of tiles, heroes, monsters, cards and tokens inside a suitcase or alone in an overhead compartment?

I use a specialized case from Battlefoam to carry my Flames of War Army, but I dont have anything for Descent. Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure all the tokens, dice, etc from JitD will fit in one Plano 3600 box. Then you can put the monsters in a couple large Ziploc bags & pack them in the middle of your suitcase so they're padded by clothing. The hero cards and dungeon pieces will fit in another Ziploc - just pack that one somewhere it won't be bent. Add in a playing card case (or 'borrow' the tin from a kids' card game just lying around the house) and you should be set.

EDIT: Depending on the quests you want to play, you can save yourself a lot of space just by leaving the dragons & demons at home.

If its any help at all, u can create ur own tuckboxes. Check out this link where another player has uploaded some custom boxes. boardgamegeek.com/filepage/33082/tile-tuck-boxes

This looks like about the best solution I've seen so far... www.boardgamegeek.com/image/320046/descent-journeys-in-the-dark

I'm not sure, but the logo on the top looks like the Stanley logo so its probably just a tool bin used for carrying small bits like electrical and/or plumbing parts.

I actually have JitD and the first four expansions all within the JitD box EXCEPT for the miniatures, which I have all in the RtL box. All my tokens are sorted in two small plastic tackle boxes and all my cards are sleeved in Mayday penny sleeves.

My Descent collection only takes up the space of JitD and RtLI consider that an accomplishment. Heaven forbid I ever buy Sea of Blood or another expansion... and thank goodness my parents let me play Tetris as a kid.

To be clear, the tackle boxes and cards are also inside the JitD box.

Redcrow said:

This looks like about the best solution I've seen so far... www.boardgamegeek.com/image/320046/descent-journeys-in-the-dark

I'm not sure, but the logo on the top looks like the Stanley logo so its probably just a tool bin used for carrying small bits like electrical and/or plumbing parts.

www.amazon.com/Stanley-Consumer-Storage-Double-Organizer/dp/B000Q5PFYA

Later tonight I might be able to do some additional research.

mahkra said:

Redcrow said:

That looks like a Stanley Double Sided Organizer to me. I'm not sure if that product comes in multiple sizes, but here's one example:

www.amazon.com/Stanley-Consumer-Storage-Double-Organizer/dp/B000Q5PFYA

Later tonight I might be able to do some additional research.

Good find! I may have to pick up one of these.

Thanks for all the good responses. It makes sense for me to break my 4 descent boxes down into one for storage at home.

I'll go take a look at the Stanley storage option- I think thats the best for me so far...

Your input is really helpful. Thanks!

Oh, also the Plano box idea is awesome, and may make sense as a less expensive option. Tuck boxes are cool as well. I think its excellent that someone spent the time to make those. Love this hobby!

I purchased a large tackle box(for fishing)from wal-mart for like 10 bucks. It has plenty of small areas to store all the different pieces and you can use the center area for the large monsters and map tiles easily. Has worked well for me for awhile now :)

Kind of redneck, but inventive at the same time. it's a brand new plastic box, not like a purchased a slimey old one that has fish guts and hooks hanging off it, lol.

Gatsuh said:

Kind of redneck, but inventive at the same time. it's a brand new plastic box, not like a purchased a slimey old one that has fish guts and hooks hanging off it, lol.

OTH, slimey fish guts and hooks might help set the right mood for the game. lol