Starfinder

By gilbur, in Genesys

Before I get wrapped up into it, any one started a starfinder conversion yet? I started collecting the flip maps and tiles for my Star Wars collection and so looked into the actual game it’s self and ended buying the core, armory, and character operations manual from a gift card I had and the store had a 4th of July sale.

How many would be interested in a starfinder conversion?

I seems to me that Starcana was a fairly good starfinder equivalent. The only thing missing might be Technomancy and that could just be magic some kind of required tech focus or only affects technology limitation.

I haven't played Starfinder yet, but I understand it's based on the d20 D&D3.5/Pathfinder engine, which means it's heavily focused on combat and character customization.

I'm not sure if such a system would work well in Genesys. But I love the concept of Paizo's Adventure Paths, which are in fact complete campaigns ... but are they really suited for Genesys? I have played the Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords campaign, and I don't think all that dungeon crawling and fighting would work with Narrative Dice.

5 hours ago, PzVIE said:

I haven't played Starfinder yet, but I understand it's based on the d20 D&D3.5/Pathfinder engine, which means it's heavily focused on combat and character customization.

I'm not sure if such a system would work well in Genesys. But I love the concept of Paizo's Adventure Paths, which are in fact complete campaigns ... but are they really suited for Genesys? I have played the Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords campaign, and I don't think all that dungeon crawling and fighting would work with Narrative Dice.

Your assumption is pretty spot on except part of the focus is on RIGID character advancement. As with any game, if you like combat slogs, Genesys can be played that way just as roleplaying can be added to D&D/PF/etc games. If you like the Starfinder universe, then it would be pretty easy to adapt it to Genesys. The mechanical aspects of adventure paths can always be used but just as guides for adapting NPCs, monsters, etc.

Remember, every setting is a Genesys setting.

Thanks for the responses, like when we can just talk pros and cons of a setting, I have been thinking this might be great with the edge set more then genesys though as I am big into the career/ specialization trees and probably not much work would need to be done mechanic wise, converting races and maybe careers or even the theme might be a tree as well.

I did some work on a Starfinder conversion but it was based on Genesys, not EotE. I used GM Huzz's Armory for weapons and made Technomancy a varient of magic, added a few talents, and that was about it. It really didn't need much specialized conversion beyond race talents.

Cool sounds like something was done.

I didnt get really beyond this as it was something I was doing for myself and I got distracted by something else. It is incomplete. I would post a PDF of what I have done but I was ripping stealing all the graphics/layout from the SF PDF from the appropriate sections so certain people might get cranky if I posted it here.

On 7/6/2020 at 6:50 AM, lyinggod said:

I didnt get really beyond this as it was something I was doing for myself and I got distracted by something else. It is incomplete. I would post a PDF of what I have done but I was ripping stealing all the graphics/layout from the SF PDF from the appropriate sections so certain people might get cranky if I posted it here.

I know what you mean as I have just got big time distracted as well and all my projects have been put on hold as I start up a shadowrun genesys style for one of my little gaming groups. kind of getting into the spirit for Cyberpunk 2077 even though I know it is based off Cyberpunk 2020 rpg.