CD, GG and AAT Oh my!

By F0RGED, in Army Building

Have played this about a dozen times the last month and havnt lost yet. The idea of 3 heavy hitters in a list is really appealing. The list can play a bit of both the range game but wants the 2 saber weilders in melee and depending on the mission can get it done. I have found the threat of the tank makes people stay back in cover and not move as much if they can not cover hop. The tank in at least 2 games has carried me through after both CD and GG had passed. What are some thoughts you have on it?

General Grievous (Tenacity)
Count Dooku (Force Reflexes, Force Push, Force Choke, Esteemed Leader)
B1 Battle Droids
B1 Battle Droids
B1 Battle Droids
B1 Battle Droids
BX-Series Droid Commandos (Strike Team) (BX-Series Droid Sniper)
AAT Trade Federation Battle Tank (OOM-Series Droid Pilot, High-Energy Shells, Linked Targeting Array)

Commands:
Trained in Your Jedi Arts (1), Fear, Surprise, Intimidation (1), Supreme Commander (2), Double the Fall (2), Crush Them! (3), You Disappoint Me (3), Standing Orders (4)

Deployments: Advanced Positions, Danger Close, Hemmed In, Battle Lines
Objectives: Sabotage the Moisture Vaporators, Key Positions, Intercept the Transmissions, Breakthrough
Conditions: Fortified Positions, War Weary, Limited Visibility, Clear Conditions

Edited by F0RGED

Have you played against other heavies? I feel like a list with a heavy that can take out the tank would pose the biggest threat.

I recently played double AAT against a list with Veers, DLTs, and an ATST and one of the tanks was gone after 2 activations and the B1s just couldn’t eliminate anything once Grievous was lost as well. I like the idea of your list since Dooku can help melt Trooper units and adds his powerful command cards to the fold.

Tanks only have 9 health, they can go down quick if an opponent gets hot dice and then anything with a lightsaber can eat those armored tanks pretty easily.

Yea I have played into armor and it depends very largely on the terrain if there is an place you can go "hull down".

I play very aggressively and normally have both my commanders in melee by turn 2, if not it's a "first/last" 1pip top of turn 3. If they are running a gun line itso great as there is nothing to stop CD and GG once they make melee. If for the first 2 turns they focus the tank it works out so long as they are running a single heavy. I cannot speak to vs. 2x armor lists yet.

I’m confused. This list is over in points. How is this legal?

On 7/8/2020 at 10:36 AM, Smolo The KloWn said:

I’m confused. This list is over in points. How is this legal?

I just put it into LegionHQ and I'm seeing 800 points even.