Empire (MSU) strike back (with little Romodi help)

By NairoD, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

Hello evryone,

My live forced me to put minis on other track and focus on more important things. End of this journey soon will end and that allow me to look back on my most beloved game. Till end of summer holiday I will have few spare moments for minis but from middle of september i come back to armada.

My last games where on Polish Nationals where I barely managed to play 5 games with 5:6, 6:5, 6 :5 , 6:5, 5:6 score playing with pinnacle of Empire MSU combo list. It was so sad when your opponent had same amount of ships with full load of fighters or almost same activation with large hitters that decimate your list with ease...

I'm not big fan of large ships, rarely use medium one. My love is to small sneeke size. My main concern with Imperial MSU was range. My opponents from arrival of Price had alwas last word in key moments of game (most fragile one, when your raiders with gladiators are positioning deploy theyr balck range firepower). From that moment my raiders start to loos.

I start thinking that this is me, I loose my skill somwhere. Tried Motti with Vic, quasar and bomber spam and get to the cut in Nationals loosing in hard game with Polish Champion Piotr Świetlik. So no, I still know how to play, next year I as mention above try Raiders and failed.. MSU loose they activation edge in Price/Strategic advisor era.

And then, Onager with Romodi on board Arrive. Cheap as Ozel (who will be my best MSU admiral on equal with Screed) with marvelous rule almost compared to Dodona.

Here are my first idea of MSU with Romodi

Romodi MSU
Author: NairoD

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: General Romodi

Assault Objective: Rift Assault
Defense Objective: Abandoned Mining Facility
Navigation Objective: Hyperspace Migration

Gozanti-class Assault Carriers (28 points)
= 28 total ship cost

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 points)
= 54 total ship cost

Raider I-Class Corvette (44 points)
- Ordnance Experts ( 4 points)
= 48 total ship cost

Gladiator II-Class Star Destroyer (62 points)
- Ordnance Experts ( 4 points)
= 66 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Assault Carriers (28 points)
= 28 total ship cost

= 54 total ship cost

= 54 total ship cost

[ flagship ] Raider I-Class Corvette (44 points)
- General Romodi ( 20 points)
- Corvus ( 2 points)
= 66 total ship cost

= 0 total squadron cost

Card view link

Fleet created with Armada Warlords

What do you think Guys :)

Edited by NairoD

I think you’re very brave, in the era of Starhawks, Onagers, and SSDs, to field naked Raiders and Arquitens. Won’t most of these ships will die before they can even close to medium range with the big ships?

I’m not saying there’s no room for small ships in the game right now, but eight activations and no upgrades is a very extreme form of MSU. Perhaps dropping a Gozanti to add Demolisher to the GSD and Disposable Capacitors to the Raiders, and maybe sprinkling in a few External Racks would be better?

Didnt tested it yet (and will not till september 😞 )

Idea behind this list was to spam as many ships as possible to make use of Romodi rules

I like win but more of that I like to make fun from game (it took me a very long period of life to understand that fun is more important than winning).

My plan is a thousand cut with red dice (usually from 3 to 5 red). Face of opponent when my gozanti shoot with 3 red dice is priceless. Red range give me me at least one more turn before squadrons strike.

Evryone I played so far is expecting to fly en masse. My idea is to divide ships in 3 groups (gozanti, glad with raiders and kittens). This will force my opponent to focus on one group or divide his forces. Sure I will loose 2+ ships but this is calculated risk. This fleet is all or nothing. If I will be second palyer i will play my scenarios and all of them are bank of victory points to grab for me.

Rift assault - yeas please - my only realiable dice shenangians,

Abadoned mining facility

I put one of dust clouds or 2 if my oponent ignore them when placeing. Then I park 4 ships out of range each on 0 speed and bank 40-80p per turn.

Hyperspace migration - **** yeah! Objective tokens octoberfest!

This is my crazy idea, if it doesn't work. Oh well, good my opponent had good time shooting me. If it work... Well this is almost imposiible but world belong to brave!

7 hours ago, NairoD said:

Didnt tested it yet (and will not till september 😞 )

Idea behind this list was to spam as many ships as possible to make use of Romodi rules

I like win but more of that I like to make fun from game (it took me a very long period of life to understand that fun is more important than winning).

My plan is a thousand cut with red dice (usually from 3 to 5 red). Face of opponent when my gozanti shoot with 3 red dice is priceless. Red range give me me at least one more turn before squadrons strike.

Evryone I played so far is expecting to fly en masse. My idea is to divide ships in 3 groups (gozanti, glad with raiders and kittens). This will force my opponent to focus on one group or divide his forces. Sure I will loose 2+ ships but this is calculated risk. This fleet is all or nothing. If I will be second palyer i will play my scenarios and all of them are bank of victory points to grab for me.

Rift assault - yeas please - my only realiable dice shenangians,

Abadoned mining facility

I put one of dust clouds or 2 if my oponent ignore them when placeing. Then I park 4 ships out of range each on 0 speed and bank 40-80p per turn.

Hyperspace migration - **** yeah! Objective tokens octoberfest!

This is my crazy idea, if it doesn't work. Oh well, good my opponent had good time shooting me. If it work... Well this is almost imposiible but world belong to brave!

I like your style...and I agree, its about fun. Good luck, I look forward to hearing how it fairs/ Fast long range ships with long range dice, dart and shoot. I am a huge fan of Romodi. I like his play style and I like his cost. in my opinion he is way underrated if you can use the terrain to give him the max bonus!

It's a shame there isn't a cheap way to get Intensify Firepower into the list, that could really kick it up a notch I think. 8+ Drops is pretty healthy and should help against Onager/SHawk lists. Curious to know how this does!

There is slight chance to play this list next week but this is about 15% for now. From 08.08.2020 I will be free to play. Had Polish National Champion near by so it will be not easy to win but will try :)

I consider sloght change to roster in gladiator area droping him to gladiator I to grab Insidious or bid. It depend of test. So far I'm rather happy of Glad II bot this is only area to grab some points

I'd swap OE for ER, and add Comms Net to the Gozantis to pass CF tokens.

I think it looks like a fun list. :)

Thx Bertie Wooster but in my idea for this roster both gozanti are ships that constantly use CF so I dont thin they will ever pass token during game (maybe on the first turn) but I may afford this token by simply takeing this token on turn one with dial.

1 hour ago, NairoD said:

Thx Bertie Wooster but in my idea for this roster both gozanti are ships that constantly use CF so I dont thin they will ever pass token during game (maybe on the first turn) but I may afford this token by simply takeing this token on turn one with dial.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I like it!