Ally Question

By Mack008, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Is there a limit to how many missions the Rebels may bring a particular ally to?

Example: The Rebels have Han Solo, bring him to their current mission, and he lives through it. Is he available for the next mission? Or is he a "one and done" ally, regardless if he lives through the mission?

Also, if Han Solo is defeated during the mission, I assume he can not be brought to another one?

(And the same question for non-unique allies, such as the Rebel Saboteurs.)

Thanks all!

Edited by Mack008

Once the rebels have gained one or more allies, they can choose any one of them to bring with them to each mission, or choose not to. They hear the mission briefing before they take their positions and then make the choice about their ally.

The services of the allies do not expire like in the LotA app.

Defeated or not doesn't matter. Figures are not killed in Imperial Assault. ;)

Edited by a1bert

Ahh, thanks. We played the LotA app for a while before switching.

So they could bring Han Solo to every mission for the rest of the campaign. As the Imp, I always need to be prepared to use the additional threat to counter him.

2 hours ago, Mack008 said:

Ahh, thanks. We played the LotA app for a while before switching.

So they could bring Han Solo to every mission for the rest of the campaign. As the Imp, I always need to be prepared to use the additional threat to counter him.

Yes and that is a little bit of the cat and mouse game that is played with regards to selecting your Open Groups as an Imperial. If you know they are taking Han, you might be able to have some higher costed figures in your hand. But if they decide not to take Han - now you are stuck with some high priced deployment cards that will be tough (if not impossible in the early parts of the campaign) to use. This also makes strategizing your opening moves tricky since getting an optional deployment can really change how you approach that first round.