GenCon 2020 RPG scenario-a suggestion for an alterantive?

By neilcell, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

With the most epic weekend in gaming having been canceled due to the Wuhan Virus, some of us will not be able to enjoy the planned events such as the group scenario that has occurred on previous conventions. I really enjoyed both "Wedding at Kyotei" as well as "The Highwayman". I suspect that there was an adventure that was in the works but was put on hold. Might I suggest that said adventure be finished and then distributed to either gaming stores or to players at home to host the event? Since Rokugan is a living campaign, why not have players run the event and report back their results? I'm thinking something along the lines of the yearly RPG day.

On 6/25/2020 at 11:43 PM, neilcell said:

With the most epic weekend in gaming having been canceled due to the Wuhan Virus, some of us will not be able to enjoy the planned events such as the group scenario that has occurred on previous conventions. I really enjoyed both "Wedding at Kyotei" as well as "The Highwayman". I suspect that there was an adventure that was in the works but was put on hold. Might I suggest that said adventure be finished and then distributed to either gaming stores or to players at home to host the event? Since Rokugan is a living campaign, why not have players run the event and report back their results? I'm thinking something along the lines of the yearly RPG day.

Names are meaningful, it's Covid-19. Otherwise, I like the idea of a living rpg campaign for L5R. It certainly works well for Star Trek Adventures and building a strong community and creative content.

I'd certainly be up for running a one shot locally to me.

The living campaign element was something I really liked about Kyotei and I'd love to see it repeated.

Of course, with the planned shift in publisher, they may not have been planning an event, but I'd like to think they were.

Unlikely, they didn't mention anything L5R related on their FFG Live. I guess any information coming forward is going to be from EDGE.

21 hours ago, Diogo Salazar said:

Unlikely, they didn't mention anything L5R related on their FFG Live. I guess any information coming forward is going to be from EDGE.

They've not mentioned L5R on FFG Live for several months. I'm tempted to say not this year.