GSP Joke Y-Wing

By Praetorate of the Empire, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Commissioned 3D print for a joker who really wants to fly Gold Squadron Pilots in all their glory.

TY4FeAQ.jpg

Yessssssssss

*looks at all 100+ unpainted 3D printed "extras"* Is the STL file available somewhere?

Just now, ZealuxMyr said:

Yessssssssss

*looks at all 100+ unpainted 3D printed "extras"* Is the STL file available somewhere?

Yeah, it's on Thingiverse. I can send you the link.

I did really minimal repairs to the model with Meshmixer to optimize it for FDM printing, but the gaps at the cockpit are beyond my capacity to fix. I don't have the knowledge or the time.

I printed it at a 72 degree angle for the printer to do a decent job on the turret.

15 hours ago, ZealuxMyr said:

Yessssssssss

Here it is.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2840025

8 hours ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I'll be printing SLA on my Anycubic Photon, will post how it goes tomorrow evening! :)

😁

Finally got around to printing it (as is, no adjustments to the Thingiverse file). Now I just need to add it to my colossal painting queue (a 3D printer does not help).

6Pmp5Gv.jpg miCHrsv.jpg

I did get some cracking and separation on the engine struts, did not come out of the supports fantastically - I pulled a classic me and way over-supported the model. I also have yet to file down the few remaining burs from the supports...work work work!

Yeah... I use the line support type and a fairly low density and still cracked part of the nacelles.

But dang, that looks great off a resin printer.

Stil a nice print though. And that paint queue problem caused by the 3d printer... guilty over here as well 🤫