ION Radio Episode 15: Mothma vs Sloane

By Fraggle_Rock, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

In today's episode; John's Fleet commanded by Admiral Sloane includes TIE Phantom squadrons. Ken has Mon Mothma leading a task force of MC30 Frigates in an attempt to run the Imperial Blockade.

I think you might be playing Sloane slightly wrong. At least according to CGYSO, if Sloane spends a token, the defender cannot spend an identical token, as a defense token cannot be spent more than once per attack.

Anyway, I watch everything you guys make and enjoy it a lot! It has a slower pacing than MOTF and Crabbok, which lets me take in the action a little more, but is still sharply edited so there isn't really any downtime. Usually, it's either the fast cuts, or the completely unedited stuff, so you have really found a niche I appreciate. I wish more reports hit that sweet spot 🙂

3 hours ago, Indecisive Mogwai said:

I think you might be playing Sloane slightly wrong. At least according to CGYSO, if Sloane spends a token, the defender cannot spend an identical token, as a defense token cannot be spent more than once per attack.

Anyway, I watch everything you guys make and enjoy it a lot! It has a slower pacing than MOTF and Crabbok, which lets me take in the action a little more, but is still sharply edited so there isn't really any downtime. Usually, it's either the fast cuts, or the completely unedited stuff, so you have really found a niche I appreciate. I wish more reports hit that sweet spot 🙂

So for Sloane, this is addressed in the FAQ: “Admiral Sloane:

A token spent by this card’s effect cannot be spent by the defender during that attack. The defender can spend another token of the same type during that attack.”

Thank you you very much for your kind words about our video presentation. The points you hit: Pacing and Editing, are two big ticket items that we want to do well. These are the hardest and most time consuming part of our filming and post-production process. In our opinion it is well worth it. Thank you again for supporting our efforts, it means a lot to us.

20 hours ago, Fraggle_Rock said:

So for Sloane, this is addressed in the FAQ: “Admiral Sloane:

A token spent by this card’s effect cannot be spent by the defender during that attack. The defender can spend another token of the same type during that attack.”

Oh, ****! I've been playing that wrong (and subsequently failing to read it correctly when I checked up on it after watching this video)! I'm glad to be corrected, but that certainly makes double-brace aces a little harder to shoot down.

20 hours ago, Fraggle_Rock said:

Thank you you very much for your kind words about our video presentation. The points you hit: Pacing and Editing, are two big ticket items that we want to do well. These are the hardest and most time consuming part of our filming and post-production process. In our opinion it is well worth it. Thank you again for supporting our efforts, it means a lot to us.

Well deserved!