Psychometry/Echosense Force Power Tree

By SufficientlyAdvancedMoronics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

I've got a player who'd like to run with the ability that Cal Kestis has in Fallen Order where he can touch an object and feel an echo in the force related to its past. Has anyone ever GM'd a character with a similar ability, or has anyone homebrewed a skill tree of their own for this kind of force power?

Related note; has anyone got any good resources for creating your own skill trees? There are three I want to create that don't exist (to my knowledge)

I have used the Foresee Power for this. And allowed the character to see into the past IF they have the Strength upgrade(s) that allow you to "pick out a specific detail" (that detail being: "what happened around this item in the past").

It's worked very well.

No need to make a whole new thing.

1 hour ago, SufficientlyAdvancedMoronics said:

I've got a player who'd like to run with the ability that Cal Kestis has in Fallen Order where he can touch an object and feel an echo in the force related to its past. Has anyone ever GM'd a character with a similar ability, or has anyone homebrewed a skill tree of their own for this kind of force power?

Related note; has anyone got any good resources for creating your own skill trees? There are three I want to create that don't exist (to my knowledge)

Do a forum search, and you'll find that this has come up several times in the past.

There's variations such as just using an existing power (Foresee is popular, but I feel that doing this make Foresee way too potent; I propose adapting Seek instead as it's less commonly taken), as well as some different attempts to create a new power whole cloth, which is probably better fitting to the lore as psychometry is supposed to be a very rare ability amongst Force users in general, both in Legends and in the current canon, and as such isn't something every Force user should be able to accomplish.

I got some great answers to a similar/related question a month back 🙂

2 hours ago, SufficientlyAdvancedMoronics said:

I hope you find it useful. I like Donovan’s take on the power, too. So, I’ve adopted them both. For my use, is the “generic” version, while Donovan’s is similar to Warde’s Farsight or Jersarra’s Influence, in that I call it Kestis’ Psychometry.