Psychic Rogue Trader Question

By Faration01, in Rogue Trader

So I have been having a wild ride in my campaign.

The Rogue Trader themselves, the main man, has managed to get the wyrdling mutation. Not at the start of the game or by plan, but by eating a certain special eel dish without knowing better.

This raises a whole slew of questions as to what to do now, as the RT's player in question I was wondering what were the suggestions for what I should do in-character or perhaps out-of about this.

I have already talked to the gm who isn't as familiar with the lore as I am and he agreed that I could get a "fake" sanctioning with real paperwork (maybe a fancy electroo tattoo) by building a hefty enough bribe for a less than scrupulous inquisitor (we are going to make an endeavor out of it) but this was because neither of us had any better ideas. My RT's dynasty is from Malfi with all the usual masqued cult involvement which due to background means that the entire rest of the dynasty is already under suspicions of being "evil".

Edited by Faration01

Hi Faration,

My two cents, just run to Koronus Expanse and never to return to Calixis avoiding inquisition at all cost because the only official way forward is to get to Black Ship and go through soul binding!)

In my opinion inquisition while is not an examplory organisation doesn't deal with "fake" papers for the money like imperial bureaucracy might. What I see is maybe some inquisitor having a debt to you can vouch for you, but still inquisition is not an hierarchical organisation - what one inquisitor agree on other can sentence you to death for. So it is not the solution, not the guranteed and solid for sure.

What I can suggest is to get a blank into the team and have it with you all the time so no psyker could understand that you are psy active. Other option is you can hope that your warrant will defend you, but when it will be known that you are possibly an unregistered psyker you will be the target of inquisition each second, anywhere outside of your fortress, your ship and your army and the only hope is to provide to inquisition something rea-a-a-lll-yyyy valuable, not the money of course - better some services which are based on you being alive.

Kind Regards.