Agate cheat

By ovinomanc3r, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

Relevant cards

swm32_kyrsta-agate.png.1a28db03778ca93d9

latest?cb=20170827101015

Before deploying I set aside whatever. Then I deploy Profundity, which is my flagship. After I deploying it, Agate provides a defense token to the Produndity, cause that is what she does. Later I deploy whatever ship I set aside with Profundity AND moves Agate to that ship cause that what Profundity does. As I see it, we resolve Profundity without interruption (DTT) so Agate gets on board just in time to trigger her effect after deploying which now has a new ship as target (“you”). Also Profundity doesn’t loose the token provided (Boarding Vader) although it looses her second ability. 2 tokens for 20 points on commander.

45br57.jpg

No. Not quite correct.

The ship MUST be deployed first before any cards can be unequipped from the old ship and then equipped to the new ship.

In short, no, you are not able to resolve Agates ability twice.

40 minutes ago, Karneck said:

No. Not quite correct.

The ship MUST be deployed first before any cards can be unequipped from the old ship and then equipped to the new ship.

In short, no, you are not able to resolve Agates ability twice.

Sure? I mean, obviously one thing must comes first but let's say there is an upgrade that trigger "after a ship is deployed" other than Agate.

I trigger Profundity and deploy a Cr90 I choose to move my commander. Could the other effect be triggered? For sure it cannot be triggered until I resolve Profundity completely but you cannot say its window is closed just cause I move the commander from one ship to the other. He should be able to resolve.

I could see that the effect is triggered but must wait while Agate cannot trigger yet due to not being on the ship, but I'm sure there was other similar interaction (I just cannot recall it) of an effect checking again a window after something was just resolved. If I just could remember it.

I think the situation was about two effect with the same timing but one had some extra requirement that could only be met after the other was resolved. Kind of, I think so.

Consider adding in the word "Then" to the Profundity text:

... you may deploy the set-aside ship at distance 1. [Then y]ou may un-equip...

That would make it pretty clear that these are separate events. But the "then" is redundant. When given two instructions in consecutive sentences, it is usually implied that one follows the other, with a "then" between them. It's one of those weird quirks of English.

So these are two separate events. You deploy the ship. You mess with officers/commanders. Commander Agate's ability happens after deploying the ship, so that will fit in between deploying the ship, and anything you would do next.

If these weren't separate sentences I think it would be a bit less clear; something like "...you may deploy the set-aside ship at distance 1 and may un-equip..." but I think the full stop and new sentence makes it clear these are separate events.

If you want to look at it another way, you have to deploy the ship before you can move across cards. Which means you have to go through the whole "deploy the ship" process and if there is an "after deploying ships" thing that is part of the "deploy the ship" process, not whatever process is next. If you had "after doing Step 1" and "before doing Step 2" timings it is clear that the first must happen before the second as the first is attached to Step 1, and the second attached to Step 2. The only thing you can fit between an action and an "after that action" action would be another "after that action" one.