Advanced Transponder Net

By Wulff_Yularen, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

Apologize if this has been asked already--

ATN prevents, if conditions are met, enemy squads from also attacking nearby ships which are NOT equipped with the upgrade card, correct?

8 minutes ago, Wulff_Yularen said:

ATN prevents, if conditions are met, enemy squads from also attacking nearby ships which are NOT equipped with the upgrade card, correct?

Correct

1 hour ago, Wulff_Yularen said:

As stated, yup!

6 hours ago, Wulff_Yularen said:

Which is why I would like to try something someone else (forgot who) posted a while back: Put ATN and Jamming Field on a GR-75 with 4 Y-wings to just tie up the enemy squad ball.

15 hours ago, bkcammack said:

Which is why I would like to try something someone else (forgot who) posted a while back: Put ATN and Jamming Field on a GR-75 with 4 Y-wings to just tie up the enemy squad ball.

Keep in mind if you want to do that, you'll have to fly the flotilla very close to the ship you're trying to protect. It's pretty tricky in my experience (I've tried it and failed).

I like this list by Truthiness because Jamming Field is on two flotillas (so the Jamming Field bubble is wider) and ATN is on the ship he's trying to protect most. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds more feasible.

http://www.steelstrategy.com/2020/05/podcast-17-supplemental-information-you.html?m=1