[IACP] Introducing the Jedi Trials League for Beginner Players

By cnemmick, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Some of y'all may have never played IA skirmish before, either due to lack of interest in your area or due to not having a mentor to help guide you. Others may have played a bit but found it difficult to learn what works and what doesn't when you're getting crushed by more experienced players online or in person.

The IACP Steering Committee is happy to announce a league designed specifically for those of you looking to learn or just try out skirmish in a casual, friendly environment: The Jedi Trials League! Starting June 29th, players will play one game a week online for 4 weeks. Experienced players will be available for answering rules & strategy questions. Assistance will also be provided for installing & using online tabletop software. Joining this league will cost you zero Republic Credits (or any other Earth-based currency).

You can sign up for the Jedi Trials League on the IACP Website . Padawan braids are not required.

Chris, I can’t tell you how nice this is. Thanks to you and the experienced community for taking the time to do this (as well as all the IACP stuff you’re doing).

This is cool. I am somewhat "experienced" with regular skirmish, but inexperienced with IACP rules/strategies, and totally a newbie when it comes to using Vassal.

I may be interested. Played my first IACP game this week and am impressed with the fixes. Not quite "new" to Vassal, but I'm definitely not a regular. I am curious to know which maps will be run. Some maps have more straight-forward objectives than others (e.g. Mos Eisley Back Alleys).

@Ajax Romano we will be running the current IACP list of official tournament maps: Coruscant Back Alleys, Endor Defense Station, ISB Headquarters.

If you want to sign up, please do so ASAP! Signups end on Sunday, June 28th.

@Mandalore of the Rings this league is designed for folks who have played less than 15 Skirmish games. If you'd like, you can sign up and help me mentor many of the newer players by teaching good play habits. You'll also get to try out IACP deployments & learn how to use Vassal!