Alternate rule system. Extending product life

By Sirdrasco, in Runewars Miniatures Game

Sorry if this is wrong spot for this, please delete this then.

As the runewars game looks dead, and the large Undead army sitting on my shelf, I've been looking at progressing and growing my army.

I've looked into a ruleset to not only play these great armies, but to grow them. I'm looking into "Warlords of Erehwon".

It's a generic, loosely, that allows any 28mm fanasy mini to be used. I'm looking at customizing army list to include Terranoth. Add keywords for special abilities to add flavor. Has anybody else done this or be interested?

Saga (Age of magic), Kings of war, warlords of Erehwon, Oathmark, 9th age a lot of generic miniatures games, and they are all good. But none is like the runewars ruleset. Pleeeease, FFG, for the sake of Vurun'thul make it free ! give us the rules behind the rules, or sell the ruleset and brand to a real miniature company !

Maybe FFG could find a smaller company to license the rules to. That gives them some potential risk free income and the opportunity for another company to invest in and grow the franchise.

I picked up Warlords of Erehwon (spell that backwards).

I'm familiar with the bolt action, and think I've got some addition rules to add for Runewars.

This will handle formations in movement, rerolls, and damage.

Erehwon is skirmish level though right? Seems like ninth age And Oathmark are the two current systems that can manage large battles like Runewars.

I have a few ideas to incorporate rank and file, as well as loose minis.

I'll use the KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid, principle.

Got my book, Warlords of Erehwon.

I'm going over the game system and see 2 ways this can be done.

1 - Adapt the system to use movement, add formation, add some orders options to the order dice, and use present dice.

2 - Convert costs to construct army list, add keywords, add formation movement, and use the D10 system.

Interested to hear how it works out for you. I'm going to pick up the Oathmark rules soon. Though I have no idea when I'll actually play as once quarantine is done want to get in some Runewars first.

Oathmark should be cool. I was picking up the Runewars mini's for cheap for playing Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadowdeep , but Oathmark would give you that mass rank and file combat system.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:52 AM, kris40k said:

Oathmark should be cool. I was picking up the Runewars mini's for cheap for playing Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadowdeep , but Oathmark would give you that mass rank and file combat system.

I'd recommend you also give Runewars a try, you may find you enjoy it.

On 7/10/2020 at 3:06 PM, paulinthehills said:

I'd recommend you also give Runewars a try, you may find you enjoy it.

Oh, I plan to in awhile when things calm down and I can start playing again at the FLGS if I can track down any other local players that still want to dust off their old armies, or if they come up with some solo rules, but in the meantime, I'm playing a Rangers campaign with a group lead by the ranger Kari Wraithstalker, two Daqan Spearmen (Men-at-Arms), two Latari Deepwoods Archers (Archers) and a Daqan Wizard (Conjuror).

Its a fun bit of solo skirmish campaign game, especially if you consider Kari's lore which is pretty much a Ranger. Tweak a few names in the scenario descriptions and you are off taking Kari on an incursion the Mistlands instead of the Shadow Deep.

JLWFT9P.jpg

Here is Kari's band fighting zombies in a village that had been wiped out that they had found they were trying to find out what happened to a missing hero. Using old Descent 1E tiles and tokens for buildings, trees, rocks, etc., since have yet to actually build up a collection of wargame terrain since I got out of 40k a long time ago..

Edit:

After fighting off many zombies attacking the small village, rescuing a survivor and locating the body of a missing hero, they determined that there was a rare breed of bane spider whose venom was capable of reanimating those it killed. Following the tracks from the remains of the village into the near-bye forest on the edge of the Mistlands, they hunted down the nests and burned out the spider infestation. They also managed to rescue several villagers who had been cocooned and dragged into the woods by the creatures.

alPqdS9.jpg

Edited by kris40k