NPCs You Love to Hate

By SufficientlyAdvancedMoronics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

What has been the best Nemesis or Ally NPC you've had in a game, and what made them so memorable?

I basically spoofed the villainous trio from the Princess Bride, using an Ugnaut, Dowutin, and Shistavanen.

2 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

I basically spoofed the villainous trio from the Princess Bride, using an Ugnaut, Dowutin, and Shistavanen.

That's awesome.

My best NPC Ally was a prophetic force wielder like being, that sent my players on a quest to capture and escaped Sith-like lady (the PCs unwittingly released by opening the force wielder's sarcophagus), who turned out to be quite a memorable and cool villain (and one-time ally, as she managed to turn at least one player from hit light-side path) against the main villain; an ancient dark side force wielder about to reach out into the galaxy to wreak havoc (inspired by these guys and reach through a special gate, inspired by these stories ). While they only met that final villain once, they all remember it still (and talk about it), as they collectively sacrificed themselves to win (except that player who betrayed the group at the very moment they met this villain).

I've also had a recurring Imperial officer in many campaigns. He's both loved and hated. I never realised why, but I kept reusing him, with different groups, and he was always impactful.

Starting a new campaign (years ago), one player rolled up a Force user who had a little dark side in him. After the first session, he decided Friday nights would cut into his clubbing, so he left the game.

I explained that his character had been taken/kidnapped. Thinking that was simply the character's "out," the other players didn't bother investigating.

A few sessions later, the character came back as a fully full-on dark side Force using NPC. He became one of the group's primary nemeses.

They hated him so much....