Striking As Void

By welldressedgent, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

1. Is this any good?

2. How do people advise using it?

It seems having a second chance when I miss should be awesome - but I can't make another strike. I can Guard or Calming Breath, I suppose. Kata like Flowing Water Strike and Crimson Leaves Strike and Heartpiercing Strike are technically not strikes , so maybe those could be my second action. Might be better off investing in success on my first try.

Changing stance should also be good; but wouldn't it be easier to simply act in my favored stance? Very curious how this is meant to be used.

wdg

1. Yes, it is possibly one of the strongest techs in fact.

2. It lets you pull of some very powerful combos. Starting with simply combining Void oppos like reducing TN with a certain ring, then switching to that ring immediately going over to ignoring Compromised before switching to Fire and keeping all that strife for bonus successes to some more complicated ones.

For example: the Taoist Blade can get free Strikes after activating a kihō. So they do Death Touch, leaving the enemy with nasty conditions, and use their free Strike (which they fail intentionally) to switch stance and get another action. Which will be Flame Fist. Get another free Strike, which you can now use to get a cheap crit with... Veiled Menace Style I think, coupling it with Twin Streams Style for a massive Severity 18 crit.