ANA replacement policy/Return to Dunwich Misprints

By -Istaril, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

I was wondering whether anyone has had any success, since ANA's February move to require you to obtain replacements for defective components from your local retailer (*in the US, which I am not), in obtaining the misprints card pack to make Return to the Dunwich Legacy compatible with Dunwich Legacy (if you have an older print run). I have been in a back and forth with ANA customer service on this for two weeks and seem to be making no headway, with stock answers that do not seem to consider the particulars of this situation at all. This is unlike any previous interaction with FFG customer service, which had always been stellar...

What makes it worse is that I actually purchased my Return to Product from FFG's US web store - so *they* are the retailer I am supposed to get in touch with. I think it is entirely fair to say that the Return-to product is the defective one, as it is intended to be compatible with my otherwise completely functional Dunwich Legacy cards.

So... any alternate avenues I can try? Anyone succeeded where I have failed to date?

My interaction with Asmodee’s customer services is probably the worst interaction of that kind I’ve ever had. Responses were very slow and clearly stock answers which indicated that they hadn’t read my e-mails at all, and referred me to a document which instructed me to contact their customer service team.

I wish I had something more positive to say. The best I can offer is to put the locations in card sleeves and add a small circular sticker to the inside of the sleeve so that you can’t distinguish them.

Best of luck finding a solution. If you do find a good way to contact someone competent please let me know!

Yes I had the exact same issue. I didn’t realize this until I started playing “Return to the Dunwich legacy.” The location circle issue made my previously purchased packs of “The Miskatonic museum“ and “Where Doom Awaits” misprints because of the inconsistency. So I sent them a message that started with how much I love all their games. I went on to explain how this can interfere with gameplay (unless fix this on our own). I sent pictures as well as links to other forums where people had similar issues. I even sent him the link to the Arkham Chronicle YouTube video about how they would replace these. Their new policy says you need to go to the vendor where you purchased them. The issue is I bought these packs.....3 years ago. So that is NOT an option. The other issue is that I can’t find “Where Doom Awaits” anywhere online so I can’t even replace it on my own dime if I wanted. They just sent a stock reply deferring me to their “return to vendor” policy. Not even a “sorry” or a message from a real person. Mistakes happen. But what separates a good game company from a great company is how they deal with THEIR mistakes. I still love their games and their designers and I don’t think this is a reflection of them. But for how much time and money we give to this company, I think we deserve better.

Edited by Meriwether

I was able to pester CS and eventually get an answer from someone that wasn't a stock answer. They no longer print the misprint replacement packs, but provided some documentation and they are shipping out the relevant chapter packs to replace mine. They also said if they don't have them in stock, they'll provide me with credit (I hope not, international shipping and customs on the store credit makes that close to worthless).